surprise

"Anna? I'm back." I said as I walked through the door.
"Hey, Pepper!" Jaelyn said as she turned back.
"Wait, I thought you went home."
"Yeah, but me and Anna want to give you something and I had to go get it this morning."
"Huh?"
"Consider it as a way too early birthday present." Anna said.
"Okay?" I said which came out as a question.

I heard a tiny bark.
Anna nudged Jaelyn and gave her a stare.

A little Maltese ran into the living room and barked  not too loud. I recognize it. Gureum.

Something else came out. Jungkook.
"Gureum!" I squealed.
"Hey, Pepper." Jungkook said as I pet Gureum.
"Gureum is always alone at home since my parents are at work a lot and my brother is in the army. Would you take care of him for me?"
"Of course!" I replied.
"I have all the supplies and stuff for him already."
"He is fluffy and looks like a cloud." I said as I pet him with a huge smile on my face.

"Pepper, this isn't everything of the surprise, yanno." Anna said.
"It isn't?" I asked.
Everyone shook their heads.

"We're going to LA!" Anna screamed.
"The actual hell? I'm so confused." I said.
"We packed your bags and now we're going to LA." Jaelyn said it really slowly.
"Wait. What."
"We're going to knock you out and drag you to the airport ourselves if you're still confused. We have a flight to catch in 2 hours. Come.We're bring Gureum."

***

"Wait, did you come to America on your own?" I asked Jungkook as we were waiting to board the plane.
"No but I came to New York on my own to see you. The others are in LA. We're going to see a reality TV show. We don't know what's going to happen on the show yet though."
"Ohh, okay." I said.
"Our manager said we could bring some people but not a lot so the hyung said we could bring you, Anna and Jaelyn and I wanted to surprise you."

"How much longer do we have until the plane starts boarding?" I asked.
"25 minutes." Anna said suddenly said from talking to Jaelyn before.
"Eavesdropper much?" I said pretending to be annoyed.
"You love me."
"True, or I wouldn't have you in my apartment, you dork."

I offered my left earbud to Jungkook as he took it and put it in his ear. I played my BTS playlist on shuffle and butterfly came on and I started to hum it as he lightly sang it.

***

"Peppa pig, wake up." Anna said nudging me.
"Eh." I groaned as I lifted my head from Jungkook's shoulders.
"We're boarding in 2 minutes."
"Oh."
My hair was all messy. I ruffled my hair and sat up.
"You drooled on his shoulder." Jaelyn whispered into my ears.
My cheeks went red and I wiped my cheeks.

"The flight to LA is now boarding." The speaker said as we stood up and dragged our suitcases to the gate as we handed our passports and tickets.

Me and Jungkook ended up having seats next to each other near the windows and Anna and Jaelyn got seats next to each other on the right side of us. I sat in the window seat and I stared outside the window. It was a beautiful sunset.

Of course as usual, I slept through the flight like a pig.