Chapter 23: On Your Own

You slowly walked down the halls, avoiding the toy animatronics staring at you. They can't hurt you or your friends and family, because they will soon be free. You finally made it back to the office, with a depressed face. "Oh God! Finally your back!" You looked up, to be instantly hugged by Scott. You were speechless, as your eyes widened. "Um... Hey, Scott? It's 6:00... So the atmosphere is awkward enough..." Fritz joked.

"Oh uhm... Sorry *ahem* that was childish of me..." Scott said, as he let go of you, and looked embarrassed. You shook your head, and reached for your bag. You left the office, as the lights turned on, revealing the animatronics in their proper places. You glared at the animatronics, as they got scared of you, but didn't move from their spot. You went out the pizzeria, with the gang following behind you. "Hey, (Y/N)? Need a ride?" Jeremy asked, placing a hand on your shoulder. You shook your head, as you heard a familiar honking of a car horn.

You looked at your left, "Hey, (Y/N)!" It was David, Sue's boyfriend, he has hazelnut hair, and blue eyes. You walked up towards him, and smiled. He got out the car, and hugged you. "How was work?" He asked, with a smile. You smiled, and gave him a thumbs up.

You didn't notice the guys glaring at David.

"Who the fuck is he...!?!?" Vincent thought.

"Why is he hugging (Y/N)?!" Mike thought.

"Who does he think he is?!" Fritz thought.

"Who is this guy? Why is he hugging (Y/N)?!" Jeremy thought.

"Why does (Y/N) look so happy?! Why is she happy with him?!" Scott thought.

All five boys, glaring at David.

"Oh hey... Are those your co-workers?" David pointed at the gang. You simply nodded, as David walked towards them. "The name's David Herberts, nice to meet you!" He said, as shaking Mike's hand. "Mike Schmidt." Mike said. "Jeremy Fitzgerald." Jeremy said, shaking his hand. "Fritz Smith." Fritz said, as he tried to contain his glare. "Scott Cawthon." Scott said plainly. "Vincent. Just Vincent" Vincent said, as he rejected David's handshake.

David gave out a smile, as he looked at his watch. "Hey, (Y/N). Can we talk in private?" David asked. You nodded, as you walked away fron the guys. "What is it, David?" You asked. "Well, Sue wants you to find another job..." David said. "I know that, but you know it's not easy to find a job, that pays this much!" You whispered at him. He looks at you and sighs. "Besides... I have good friends here" you smiled at him. He smiled back, as he pat you on the head, since you're like a midget towards him.

"Also, Sue wants me to drive you home. She doesn't want you to hang out, with the guys alot... Since you know.... You're the only girl... And five guys... One van.... You know~" he nudged his elbow, unto your arm. You gave him a disgusted look, and said, "Ewww! No it's nothing like that!". Your reaction, just made him laugh. "Okay, we better get going, Sue's expecting you to come home... Without a scratch." David said, with sarcasm. You giggled, as you waved at the guys goodbye. They waved back, and gave out a fake smile.

You sat on the passenger seat, and placed your seat belt on. "So, Sue's been staying at your place?" You asked David. "Yeah... But to be honest, she's kinda like a naggy landlady... It's been killing me..." David said. You giggled, as you looked at the blue sky. "Hm... I wonder if I get to see the sky this blue again..." You whispered. "What was that?" David asked, steering the wheel, to the left. "Oh... It's nothing, just wandering in my thoughts..." You said, as you laughed nervously. It was an awkward silence, until you decided to break it.