twenty seven •

double update bc guess what?? this story hit 4K

saturday, march 7, 2015

twenty seven •

"calum, we need to have a chat." my mom bounces into my room, her voice booming to my just awoken ears.

"about?" I sit up, my hands digging into my eyes to rid the sleep that stands innocent in the sockets.

"this skipping school business," joy sits on the edge of my bed, almost smothering my feet with her weight. "i know it's your senior year, but it's a big concern of mine. you have that soccer scholarship to go to osu in the fall, and I don't want you to mess that up. it's a blessing to us that you were even granted that much money in the first place. I know michael means a lot to you, but so does soccer, and finishing out your senior year on a good note should be your main priority. not michael."

"I know, mom," I sigh, wanting the whole ordeal of growing up to fly out the window. "I've only skipped two days."

"it could become a habit, calum."

"but it won't."

"how do you know?" joy quirks her eyebrow, looking down upon me for a scholar kind of answer to such a challenge.

"because I want to play soccer for osu, and I can't do that if I miss to many days. I need one more language credit, then I'll be good to go."

"I'm just worried about you."

"well don't," I smile formally at my mom, in hopes that the women will take my word for it. "I've got everything under control."

"good," she smiles, and I return the gesture, for I am getting away with something that usually doesn't pass by her with just a simple chat. "so, how about you and michael?"

"well he's technically my boyfriend now, but he's mad at me."

"what did you do?"

"whitney was crying at school the other day, and came to me. her boyfriend, and best friend hurt her really bad, so I was just being a good friend. she tweeted about me last night, and that pissed off michael." I exclaim, grabbing my phone off the nightstand.

"well, does michael know that? I mean you took her, and yourself out of school. plus, she's your ex girlfriend. that's kind of sketchy," my mom finally stands, taking steps toward the door as I hover my fingers over the keyboard. "just talk to him, okay? i expect to see him at dinner."

"okay, mom." I laugh, watching her walk out the door, before texting michael.

me: babe, wanna have dinner with my fam tonight?

michael: idk, why don't you ask whitney?

me: bc your my princess, not her.

michael: okay.

me: can we please just talk? I really want some mikey cuddles :(

michael: fine.

michael: but only bc I want some cuddles too.

+++

"come in." michael doesn't flash his award winning smile, michael doesn't light up when he opens the door, the beautiful boy barely even looks at me.

I nod my head, my mood dampening at his sudden need to be cold. I kick off my shoes, and begin following the shorter boy through his house. his hair is in a display of sporadic pieces flying in individual ways, and his face is free of any make up. his torso is clothed in my t-shirt I allowed him to wear the other day, and his bottom half is only covered in a pair of skimpy shorts that just barely covers his bum.

"mich-"

"don't say anything." I shut my mouth immediately, obeying his orders, and crawling into his queen sized bed. I widen my arms, gesturing for michael to clumsily climb into them.

"I know I'm kind of over reacting with the whole whitney thing, but you have to see it from my point of view," michael begins, his legs straddling my waist, and his head laying heavily on my chest. my heart beats rapidly at the sudden touches, and if it weren't for michael's voice vibrating against my skin, I'm sure he'd be able to hear it. "my boyfriend skipping class, and mysteriously disappearing with his ex girlfriend? he ignores my calls, and then suddenly at seven wants to see what I'm doing?"

"if you implying that I cheated on you, then your wrong."

"but how do I know that?" michael lifts his head, his hands finding his thighs as our eyes meet in the midst of the darkness engulfing us. "you used to love whitney, and you obviously still care for her. she's beautiful, and just what stops you from back tracking?"

"you," I say, my hand lightly touching his chin and tugging his face closer to my own. his hands land on my chest with a thud, face centimeters from my own, and my hand dropping to grip his waist. "michael clifford, I want you, and only you. if I wanted whitney, I would be with her right now, but I'm not, am i? whitney is hitting a hard spot in her life right now, and really needs someone to be there for her. she chose me because I am the only one she can truly trust. I really hope you understand."

"I'm trying, I really fücking am, but what you guys loved each other. what if that old spark is rekindled?"

"it's not going to, you wanna know why?" michael nods his head, green hopeful eyes staring into my own. "because my heart is in the hands of a boy with colorful hair, and a heart the size of the galaxy."

instead of answering me, michael gently plants his lips on mine. his arms snake around my neck, and my arms tighten around his waist as my need for friction heightens.

I squeeze his hips playfully, a squeal causing his mouth to open, and I use the opportunity to slip my tongue inside. his giggles, pulling away slightly, and whispering, "i don't know what I would do without you."

I just smile, and cuddle the boy to my chest. at the beginning of 2015 all I wanted was to hold michael clifford in my arms until the night turned to days, and I guess luck was on my side, because the stars aligned and I got exactly what I wished for.

I want this forever.

+++
foREVER

anyway..
thoughts?

love you all - meagan