five •

saturday, february 7, 2015

five •

waking up to a vibrating phone on a saturday morning, is usually something i despise. someone clearly doesn't understand the concept of beauty sleep – or sleep at all in particular. but upon seeing michael's name illuminated on the screen, I couldn't help but break out into a crooked in grin in my sleepy state.

michael: did you bring me home last night? I walked downstairs this morning, and my mom just started giggling like a third grader, and started rambling about how cute you are ??

me: uh, yeah I did. your mom was pissed about your intoxication but I just told her about how haley's a bïtch and was using you for inhumane reasons.

michael: and she just forgot it about ?? :O

me: it's the hood charm.

michael: you believe what you want (;

me: you know, your quite the flirt when your drunk.

michael: yolo beotch.

michael: I gotta go though. thanks for the ride !! :*

I drop my phone on my chest, staring up at my ceiling in disbelief. after a month of awkward staring, inappropriate thoughts, and no communication what-so-ever – I wake up to a text message from him.

"yo turd," mali pushes my door open, stealing all my thoughts from the previous train of inappropriate ideal imagines. "mom and dad are going on some vacation for like three days, plus I'm going out soon and won't be back until morning. you cool staying alone?"

"I'm fine staying alone." my lips form into a tight smile, my body fidgeting with excitement, as my mind races with all the possibilities a saturday night could bring.

"okay well, use protection, try to stay out of the liquor cabinet or its your asś paying for the replacement, and make sure the house is clean and empty when I get home."

"how did you know-"

"your in highschool, and it's a saturday night. parents out of town – it's stereotypical for you to throw a party." mali shrugs, bouncing off the door frame, and standing up straight.

"have fun, but not too much fun, bud." mali laughs, turning on her heel, and thumping down the stairs.

a pain in the ass that girl is, but understanding none the less.

me: get up kiddo. we got a party to plan.

luke: we just went to one last night, why go to another ??

me: well 1. yesterday was an early day. 2. I barely got anything to drink before whitney was trying to get this dick, and 3. where having it at my house.

luke: what about yo fam?

me: mali is totally cool with it, and parents are out for a few days or some shït

luke: ight, give me twenty minutes, and I'll be over.

while I await luke's arrival, I hop out of bed, for once enjoying the blistering cold that engulfs my flaming skin. no matter how many clothes I shed, and limbs I stick out from under the covers – I will always be a flame when I awake.

I groan, realizing all my skinny jeans are dirty, and just finally pull on a pair of black joggers. I tug on a plain white t-shirt, and a pair of pink socks that probably belong to mali, then hustle downstairs to greet my arriving guest. a massive pet peeve of mine is not welcoming guest properly into a home, no matter how comfortable they are.

my phone dings in my pocket, eyes staying planted on jack's, luke's brother, car.

luke: come outside. I brought reinforcements for purchasing alcohol and shït.

I don't bother answering, rather throwing on a maroon alabama sweatshirt mali got when visiting the south, and run out to the car to avoid the cold as much as possible.

"this is about to be a kickasś party." jack chimes as soon I pop into the back seat.

"heck yeah."

++++++
so like, that happened.
sorry everything is going so slow..
is this book enjoyable???
love you all - meagan