eight •

monday, feburary 9, 2015

eight •

i step into the computer room, my eyes automatically looking for the lilac haired boy I have grown so much concern for.

his chair is devoid of any boy to which I have completely devoted all of my thoughts too. his fading lilac hair is no where to be seen, and suddenly my stomach drops with the feeling of the worst situations – what if he really did kill himself?

"please tell me michael's okay." I slide into michael's seat, my words coming out slightly mumbled due to the rate and speed of the rolling syllables. ashton's bright hazel eyes meet mine with slight curiosity, and his eye brows furrow in the most attractive way I've ever seen someone – unless michael did it.

"yeah? why wouldn't he be?" ashton says slowly, looking down upon me as though I'm slow, and needs to be talked to like a child.

he's right. I'm just paranoid.

"he just texted me something yesterday. never mind." I rub the back of my neck nervously, returning back to my seat only to be stopped by a pale lanky boy beating me to the metal.

"don't tell mrs. fink I'm sitting here. maybe she won't-"

"luke, don't make me change your seat too." and just like that, my best friend is off of the chair, and mumbling incoherent curse words under his breath as he stomps across the carpeted floor like a child.

mrs. fink is unimpressed with his dramatic ways, but I only seem to laugh.

"keep acting like that hemmings, and I might have miss. kurt give you a call." at the mention of miss. kurt all the guys ears perk. miss. kurt is the youngest, hottest teacher this school has ever hired. she teaches drama; boasting her vocals, and her perky bum in all the different costumes she wears.

"I would totally be okay with that." luke sasses, snickering when a junior and him share a high five.

"I'd tap that." the junior laughs, luke and him sharing a low five, as mrs. fink watches the very inappropriate scenario happen right before her eyes.

"that's it. you too are coming with me to the principles office." and if this was an old movie thrown back to the fifties, mrs. fink would hold them by the ears and tug them along – unfortunately this is 2015 and that kind of entertainment isn't legal.

the room booms with gossiping girls, and boys boasting on and on about who they banged this weekend. it's quite sickening, really, too hear such things that won't matter next year. next year, after we all graduate in may, and all head off to college – none of this will matter. the friends, the rumors, all will fade into distant memories we'll one day look back on at family dinner. and we'll laugh at our naïveté, our ignorance to the importance of life, but even then we won't know what we'll be doing with ourselves; suddenly we'll want to be young again.

I pull my phone out, figuring that enjoying this time away from teachers could be spent doing something more productive; twitter. life is so entertaining when the chicks at school indirect each other rude stuff when they're supposedly best friends.

this time a message on my phone pops up, and without hesitation I click on the notification. my heart swells, and my chest tightens, my body have a hard time finding what's needed to actually breathe – until I realize that I'm just over reacting.

michael: hey, I just wanna apologize for being so cold yesterday. I'm not feeling to well today, so I decided to stay home. I'm sorry.

me: no, it's fine. sorry for being pushy.

michael: you weren't at all pushy. glad to know someone thinks about me //:

me: I always think about you.

me: I gotta go. I'll ttyl (:

i didn't get the chance to read his reply that rolled in seconds after i sent my own message, for mrs. fink came stomping into the clasroom; a light smirk planted on her lips, with two very unsatisfied boys in her trail.

"pst ashton." I whisper shout, waving a hand around to try and have the boy notice my attempt to have him notice me. I lean just fair enough to slap his elbow.

"what's up?"

"I need michael's address."

++++++
ight, well that was cool.
what do you think cal will do??
so like I made a kik group chat that any of you can join if you want. just look up "5sauced af" on kik, I believe.
I wrote this at 7 am. sorry for shit.
love you guys - meagan