seventeen •

tuesday, feburary 17, 2015

seventeen •

"let me take you out tonight." I whisper, collapsing into the small metal chair.

"okay, but what's your favorite color?" michael spins with his question, facing me, and looking me dead in the eye.

"I don't know. probably red, why?"

"just wondering."

+++

"where are we going?" michael giggles, clicking his seat belt into place, and intertwining our fingers our the center console. the gesture made my heart beat accelerate, and my mind blur. I've been able to handle my nerves in front of michael a little better since the beginning of the year, but some things will never change.

"found this hole in the wall bar that definitely doesn't I.D, and tonight just so happens to be karaoke night." I smile, bringing the back of his hand to my lips, and place a light kiss on the pale skin I've grown so accustomed to adore.

"sounds fun, babe!" michael squeals, and my heart swells. pleasing michael has, and always be a favorite thing of mine. I just can't wait for the moment I have the privilege to see every spot of his flawless porcelain skin, and have the access to leave an everlasting touch on not only his skin, but his heart.

"I'm glad you're excited." I chuckle, turning the music down slightly, enjoying how even though the sun sleeps, the city doesn't.

the place is quaint, not drawing much attention to itself. wood paneling, and it nearly reminded me of the bar in how I met your mother. the petite bar buzzes with energy, nearly everyone in the entire vicinity is bubbling with some kind of excitement, and buzzing with some type of alcohol in there system.

michael sits and observes for a while, enjoying our platter of fried pickles, and small talk. even under the dim light the bar allowed, michael still seemed to captivate all of my attention. the only person I have eyes for is the boy with fried bread on the corner of his mouth, and a permanent smile on his slightly glossed lips.

"we have to dance!" michael drags me out of the booth across from him, tugging me to mix in with the group of bouncing college kids that dance and sing to hometown by twenty one pilots.

"where were from, where no one, our hometowns in the dark." I chuckle, bouncing along with michael who dances energetically to the sound of the of the lively elder boy who happens to just so nail tyler's voice.

"thank you!" the blue haired boy yells into the microphone, earning a roar of applause from the now packed bar.

"next we have jesse and mary singing sparks by hilary duff." two girls take the stage, drunken smiles evident on there lips.

"I can't hear a single word, just know your talking cause your lips keep moving. everything I thought I learned, goes out the window all I want is one thing." at the sound of the first verse, michael is already singing along and jumping to the music. I, of course, join along not wanting to be a lame date. I took michael out tonight for the two main motives I plan to stick too; I've been meaning to take him for a second date, and he's been seemingly down lately. his smile isn't as bright, eyes don't glow every second of every day, and I only seem to question what could possibly be wrong. I don't want to pry into his life, so I just plan to be a distraction, turn his attention to me, and not whatever is on his mind.

"you can promise castles, treasures, babies, I don't care. cause for now your just enough for me, I want you near. like a fairy tale to feel your breath right on my neck. you remember what I love so baby take me back,"

"turn the lights down low, and kiss me in the dark. cause when your touching me, your seeing sparks. you make my heart go." the lyrics speak my mind in this exact moment. michael may not know it, but his movements have me mesmerized. he mirrors an angel in every aspect of his life, and looking down upon him now, with his worries aside and not a simple problem in sight, he looks more dynamic then I've ever seen him.

this boy will be the death of me.

+++
the song by hd is above or the side
hmu on twitter :: hoodisfire
love you all - meagan