two •

thursday, february 5, 2015 

two •

"so I did some major creeping and found his Instagram." Luke's voice wakes me from my afternoon slumber. his cold phone being tossed onto my bare stomach, sending shivers through my spine, as the heat there seems to vanish.

my fingers hold the device, my eyes squinting to see michael's instagram. I grab my own phone from the bed side table, unlocking the object, and immediately opening instagram. i type his username in the search bar, cooing when pictures of himself posing with sweater paws loads on the small screen. my adornment grows when i scroll through his account, finding considerate post with encouraging quotes like stay strong, and just simple photos of him and ashton.

i click on a picture of michael posing with his sweater paws covering his face, but a flower crown resting on his head. the photo looks as though it was taken by a professional, taken with extreme precision to capture the perfect tumblr look; I just want to see the caption. flowers in my hair & demons in my head.

"fück." i groan, dropping my phone in my lap, allowing my hands to find my eyes in harsh grinds to erase the prominent sleep in them still. i wipe down the dry skin, my hands covering my mouth as i mimic the monkey emoji unintentionally.

"what?" luke finally looks up from his phone, staring at me from across my bedroom in boredom. he munches mindlessly on a cookie my mom made yesterday, as his eyes droop with a form of disinterest.

"i accidentally liked a picture on michael's instagram from 56 weeks ago." i sigh, picking my phone up, following the now lilac haired boy, and closing out of instagram.

"so?"

"what do you mean so?"

"who cares?"

"i do!" i exclaim, falling back against the blue pillows my sister mali bought me as a christmas present last year, and tugging the black comforter up and over my head as i slowly die inside. "he knows i was stalking him now!"

"so?" luke says again, the squeak my spinney chair makes when someone uses it is heard. the spot beside my butt dips just seconds later, and the light of day is soon visible when luke pulls the covers from my face. "hes probably checking out your instagram right now, and thats good, right?"

"yeah, i guess." i mumble, still not comfortable with the fact that i may now be seen as a stalker to the boy. the motion could be a hit and miss; he didnt even see it, but with my luck - thats unlikely.

"now, how about you get dressed and we go grab milkshakes or something?" luke smiles cheekily, his voice having the tone of a concerned mother talking to her child that just lost a little leagues baseball game.

"im not a kid, luke." i grumble, standing from my bed anyway.

"you sure as hell are acting like one." luke chuckles, yelling in mock hurt when my fist collides with his shoulder in a friendly punch. his insult makes up for my comeback yesterday – inappropriate humor, and witty insults make up a large portion of anything that comes out of luke and i's mouths. shameless friendship, is the best kind of friendship.

"awe luke, is calum beating up on you again?" my sister mali appears from the kitchen corner just as my best friend and i emerge from the stair well.

"yes." luke pouts, wiping fake tears, and whimpering with pain.

mali laughs, brown eyes scanning over both luke and i's attire, cringing when shes done. the television in the living room blares episodes of gossip girl, signaling mali is on a binge during her time away from college.

"aren't gay guys supposed to have like a great fashion sense?" mali says, the banana in her hand motioning toward my outfit, a judgmental glance on me.

"how stereotypical, but sorry to burst your bubble but I'm bisexual," i roll my eyes, grabbing the car keys from the marble bowl on top of the coat rack. "luke and i are going to get milkshakes."

"don't be out to late, i need the car for a party later." mali exclaims authoritatively, yet her lie is transparent.

"you really expect me to believe that? mali, you have no friends and it's thursday. i know your going to sneak out, and head over to your mystery boys house."

"ooh, you got me. now leave."

"yes ma'am."

++++++++

chapters will be kinda short
does anyone wanna join a kik or Twitter group chat and be like friends??
love you all - meagan