fourteen •

a rare picture of I watching cakuhn ice cream parody

also double update cuz I'm bored af. my friend (mxkequeen) bailed on me

plus were almost at 2K reads so I'm flipping.

saturday, february 14, 2015

fourteen •

"your telling me," luke pants, bending over to rest his hands on his knees. "you and michael already kissed?"

"yeah. we were watching movies yesterday, and it just kind of happened." I shrug, dribbling the brown ball against the tan floor boards.

"finally growing some balls," luke chuckles, taking the ball out of my hands, and taking it back to the three point line. "I feel like a proud father."

"funny," I jump, groaning as I watch the ball bounce off the rim of the hoop, then fall swiftly through the rope. "how're you and ashton?"

"there is no ashton and i. period." he shakes his head, paying more attention to our game of one on one basketball – that I am winning – then the conversation at hand.

"what? you guys were highkey flirting at lunch yesterday, and he invited you to his party." I slow my dribbling down, taking a quick look at the clock on the wall knowing I have a good fifteen minutes till I have to leave.

"I get invited to lots of parties, cal. he was just being friendly. besides, he initially invited you to the party, and I was supposed to tag along," luke uses my thoughtful distraction as an advantage, and takes the ball. he shoots a three pointer, tying the game up. "not to mention, he had some calvin klein model on his all night."

"what do you feel for him?" I question, holding the ball, knowing the only way to get a serious answer from luke is to have a distraction free zone.

"he cool, I guess."

"luke."

"calum." he retorts, irritation and annoyance clear in his stance.

"you like him?"

"if you want to be on time for your date, you better leave now." luke points to the clock, the time being just three minutes after the time I was supposed to leave.

"fück you, luke," I grit my teeth, playfully, gathering all of my belongings. "this conversation isn't over!" I shout, running out the door, and to my car.

+++

I knock on the door, stepping back and adjusting the loose collar that scratches at my neck. mali insisted on picking out the perfect outfit tonight, claiming that I must look like something that came out of a catalog. it'll make every girl wish I was with them, and every guy I wish they were me. she forced me in a white button up, throwing over a gray sweater, making sure that the right amount of button up was sticking out of sleeves, collar, and at my waist. my older sister allowed me to dress in my usual black skinnies, but forced me into a pair of sperry dress shoes.

"michael, your dates here!" a man calls, his eyes going over each and every part of my body, delicately picking out which flaws he hates the most.

"come on in," he holds the door open for me, allowing me to step inside the warm house that blooms with the delicious smell of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. "I'm michael's dad, daryl."

"I'm calum. it's nice to meet you." I shake his hand with the hand that isn't holding the bouquet of red roses mali demanded I purchase.

"you clean up nice." karen compliments, stepping past her husband to wrap my bigger build in a loose hug.

"gotta keep up with the looks of-" I stop mid sentence, for my body finds itself in the presence of an angel. michael exits the hallway, coming into fall full view, his looks blowing mine away. a red sweater dress drapes his shoulders, black tights on his model like legs, and he some how manages to walk in small heels. his hair is styled in its usual format, and his make up is kept to a minimal.

"you guys look so cute. awe, let me get a picture!" karen coos, and the rest happens in a blur. michael taking the bouquet in his fingers, my arm wrapping around his waist, and a picture being taken.

I didn't actually have time to breath, till michael and I were finally alone in my car. im in no way against over protective parents, but when parents being to suffocate: that's when I begin to panic.

michael laces over fingers together over the center console, the stereo playing dirty work quietly.

"I have a question." I say out of the blue.

"I have an answer." michael giggles.

"why were crying at my party last week?"

"I saw something I didn't want to," he shrugs, squeezing my hand, and sending a smile my way. "let's not worry about it though. let's worry about us, and how much fun were going to have tonight."

us.

+++
so a shotty ending, but it had to be done.
love you all - meagan