four •

friday, february 6, 2015

four •

"ready?" i say as soon as the front door of luke's house whips open.

"yeah lets-"

"he's just going over to your house for the night, right?" liz catches the door just before it closes, luke letting a low growl about how over protective his mom is. I don't blame her for worrying so much over her youngest son, receiving a call at three in the morning only to hear that your son was rushed to the hospital, is quite traumatizing.

"yes, momma liz. no need to worry. your boy is in safe hands with me." i chuckle, tackling luke's head under my arm, my fist grinding against skull. luke begins to struggle under my hold, his lanky body not having the ability to knock my stronger grip from him.

"okay calum. i trust you. have fun, boys." liz smiles, closing the door, leaving luke and i in silence. he whines once i let go of him, his hands finding his hair in seconds to fix the mess i've created.

"you didn't have to do that." luke galres at me, climbing in the passenger side of my four door car, and slamming the door in frustration.

"well if your making me lie to your mom, this is what you get." i shrug, allowing the sound of my all time low playlist drown out his next excuse. being over dramatic is one of my favorite qualities about luke, so when he crosses his arms over his chest, and pouts like a small child, i laugh.

he huffs. head turning to look out the window away from me. the rest of the car ride is spent in silence, other then the sound of alex gaskarths voice playing through the stereo.

as my car speeds closer to haley's house, the sound of heavy bass, and pop music over plays my measly car radio. i pause the music, park a little ways from the almost mansion, and hop out in the winter weather of feburary.

"you going to hook up with someone today?" I question, hugging my arms close to my chest in an attempt to insulate heat into my shiver figure.

"eh, i dont know. probably." luke chatters, our legs falling into the same quick pace to approach the house faster. the closer we grow to the house, the warmer the air grows – a result of the friction between party goers shuffling between one another.

"who?"

his answer is submerged in with the rest of other the other party goers, and the music out plays his voice. his lips move, but I in no way am able to hear a single syllable. I shrug, giving up on having him repeating each word over again.

"I'm going to go find lizzie!" luke shouts, pointing toward the other side of the room where people of all shapes, and sizes dance away there youth.

"okay. I'm going to get a drink." I shout back, tilting my head toward the kitchen, receiving an okay from my best friend. I roll my eyes at his typical high school hormones – I wouldn't be lying if I didn't have my own, but I'd rather not jump into the arms of the next hottie I see.

I stay true to my word, and make way toward the kitchen. I squeeze past girl on boy couple making out, girl on girl sexual dance groups, and almost completely pass out when walking straight through a cloud of marijuana smoke.

I cringe, knowing now more then ever is the time for a drink. an eight seater table holds of the hard beverages, and drinks made for mixing. I head straight for one of the two coolers laying untouched on the floor, knowing that the content of the blue container will be beers for the more mature partiers.

two familiarly small hands push my hips roughly against the counter, earning a grown of pain as the marble finds the most tender spot on my back.

"I thought you weren't coming?" whitney smiles innocently, her height giving her the advantage of lips having the ultimate availability to my neck.

"someone made me change my mind." I shrug, pulling her hands from my belt loops, and pushing her off me slightly. she giggles, probably under the impression that the someone was her, and not the certain lilac haired boy I have yet to see tonight.

"whitney, stop." I try to slide out from in front of her, only to be stopped by hips harshly pressing against my own. her red lips hold a devious smile, devilish butterflies kisses being applied to jawline, and neck. if I wasn't so infatuated with michael, and whitney didn't commit such a horrible death doing crime to my heart – I may have let nature take its course, but times are different. I no longer crave whitney's attention and love – I stay hungry for all of michael.

"excuse me miss," michael's adorable voice mixes with the sound of drunk hiccups, and giggles. "this is my property, and I would like you to hop off."

"go find someone else to mess around with for the night, michael." whitney rolls her eyes, ignoring the adorable little twinks pouty frown.

"oh that just won't do, honey." Michael sasses back, hands finding his hips in the most adorable authorities stance. I don't quite understand how every one isn't in love with the younger boy in front of me.

perfected eyeliner, just the right amount of mascara to make the green in his eyes grow brighter, bigger. high waisted jeans reach up to just below his belly button, a baby pink thin sweater reaching just an inch above his jeans, exposing the right amount of pale skin to captivate my curiosity in a strict hold. his lilac hair is in its usual unstyled mess of sporadic pieces. the way the boy carries himself, has the strength to stay polite in the worst situations, and manages to look completely adorable while angry over the struggle to pursue the ability to touch me – except he doesn't understand that I'd be putty in his hands with one touch.

"whatever." michael's squeal brings my attention back to reality. the boy takes whitney's spot in a matter of seconds after her departure, grinning widely up at me.

"what's up, clifford?" I don't get a reply, only a boy with arms around my neck, and his lips touching my jawline. his soft lips surprise me, my hands finding his hips. his smirk is evident on the tickling skin below my ear, until I slightly push his hips back.

"c'mon hood, stay true to your word, and try something." he pouts, moving in for another kiss, but before I find myself unable to control myself under his touch – I pull away.

"your drunk."

"and horny." he giggles, his words taking me by surprise at how forward the once shy boy I thought he was, actually is.

"and not thinking straight."

"drunk words are sober thoughts."

"how cliche." I roll my eyes, lacing my fingers with his, butterflies fluttering in my stomach, and tugging him the masses of people.

"im just a hopeless romantic."

"ill keep that in mind," i laugh. "let's get you home."

I lead him to my car, forgetting all about my best friend – that's what this boy does to me. he's got me wrapped around his goddamn finger, without a single thought.

++++++