And The Awkward Moments Begin

Start from the beginning

Taylor laughed roughly.

I then descended towards his bed, hopping or maybe more like scooting. Hurt my chest less that way. I was soon touching the edge of his mattress. Touching his soft skin again.

He somewhat did the best he could by moving over a little to make room for me. I sat down carefully next to his body, then laying awkwardly down.

"These beds are too small." I joked, staring at his beautiful face with wide eyes.

"I know right," Yep, there was definitely a frog in his throat. It was deep and husky, though raw and uneven.

"How are you?.." I felt like crying, stroking his beat up cheek.

"Not the greatest." He replied sullenly.

"I am so sorry Taylor..." I spoke without thinking.

"For what? You did nothing wrong, and you know that." His big hand found mine on top of the sheets, wrapping its way around. Like it always did.

"I-i know, but.." I whispered, my tone starting to decrease.

"Shh.." He laid his head in the crook of my neck, squeezing my fingers. The contact with his skin against mine felt amazing. It made me tingle. I mimicked him then. And that was all we needed.

Each other.

A lone tear escaped my eye and dropped onto his shoulder. Rolling quickly down his chest.

His other hand wrapped around me, pulling my body closer towards him. I was so full in his embrace that it felt as if we were whole again. Nothing had every happened last night and we were just back on the beach carrying each others hearts in out palms.

My lips jutted out to his warm skin, kissing it gently. Eyebrows squeezed together as well as my eyes while I began to relax my head into that small spot of his neck. Our fingers played below us. Moving in and out of hold.

"I love you Claire..." He was the first to speak through our silence.

"I love you too." My voice mumbled into his skin.

"Marry me."

What the...

My heart jogged about a billion times around my broken ribcage. I opened my mouth to reply, though only trembling breaths blew out.

"What?" I gasped, pulling up to look at him.

He stared at me, "Marry me Claire."

"W-wait, Taylor..." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I mean, we almost died last night and he wants to marry me?

He was about to answer back, but the door creaked open, having both our heads turn to see who it was.

I froze.

There stood Jack A.K.A mini Leo DiCaprio holding a rather large bouquet of deep red roses in his hands.

How fucking awkward was this.

Jack cleared his throat, "I'll just uh, come back later..." He started backing out the door, having me feel like a guilty idiot.

"Jack, wait." I croaked, still overwhelmed with what Taylor had just asked me. He released me slowly, groaning quietly in my ear, I pinched him on the hand for that.

"We'll talk later mister.." I whispered to Taylor before looking back at Jack who was standing awkwardly in the doorway.

"Well I can just come back.. It's okay." I could see in his eyes that this was weird. Obviously.

"Help me?" I ignored him, and held out my hands now sitting at the edge of the bed. Jack glanced at Taylor then back at me, I raised an eyebrow at him and he came to me.

He held his arm under me supportively while I hopped back over to my bed.

Once comfortable again, though not totally, I thanked him for the flowers. "You're so sweet." I smiled.

"It was no problem. I'm just glad you're alright." His white smile shone at me, just as his hand laid on top of mine.

Nerves graced my mind as I peeked at Taylor, whom was sulking in the corner that he got his girl taken from him. Especially after he had just asked that girl to freaking marry him. Where the hell did that come from? Not that I didn't want to say yes its just... I feel like I'm way too young and we haven't really known each other for very long. Though that doesn't explain why I moved in with him either...

C'mon Taylor, you are better than this... I sort of growled at him through my mind.

I looked back at Jack then at Taylor. He looked like he'd heard my message and had closed his eyes for the mean time.

"Thank you for coming Jack.. It means a lot." I removed my hand from under his.

"Anytime Claire." He placed his hands in his lap then. For now. "So when are they gonna let you out?" He wondered, taking off his SF Giants cap off and running his fingers through his glossy bronze hair.

"Mmm, I really don't know." I laughed, wincing from my ribs.

"Hopefully soon, so that we can hang out." That charming smile of his appeared, having me blush like a little girl.

"Yeah..." We stared for a millisecond, I guess just taking each other in.

"Well, I'll let you rest up." He put his hat back on. "Take care of yourself okay?"

"Okay..." I replied softly, grinning.

He then reached over and gave me a gentle hug. It was unexpected at first but I rested into it after a minute. Intertwining my fingers together on his back. Once he let go and stood, I could suddenly feel the silent glare of a certain someone.

I waved goodbye to Jack as he walked out the door. I then looked back at Taylor, my face had just gotten red hot.

"He was totally hitting on you!" His tone sounded like a child.

"Don't be jealous Taylor! You know so much better.." I groaned.

He rolled his eyes, "And you said he didn't like you in that way..."

I scoffed loudly and crossed my arms, "Taylor Lautner, sometimes you can act like a son of a bitch." I muttered bitterly only to myself.

Was this going to be apart of marriage? I seriously doubted it.