Emotional

Chxoxo 25

August|

It was 3:00 PM, and was Kim here? No.
Did she call me?
No.
Did Kayden answer my calls?
No.

What type of shit. I knew Kayden was gonna pull some shit like this. I knew she knew I called too cause after a while it went straight to voicemail meaning she had to have shut that phone off.

"Daddy why don't you just relax she prolly just runnin' late "

I shook my head, "no, she's not running late cause she was suppose to be hea' in the morning!"

"I don't know why your yelling at me if clearly its Kim your mad at"

I sucked my teeth walking to the kitchen.

Kimberly

"Alright Ari you gotta take a right"

I nodded following Kayden's direction to where I seen the cemetery. I took a deep breath and parked at an open spot.

"Yall ready to go?" I asked

They all replied with a yes.

I nervously got out the car and we all walked together.

"Man its cold ova hea' "

I agreed it was 40 something degrees and I was so cold.

We walked in and KayKay, and Jamal held their flowers. I held my one rose and took a deep breath. I never been to a cemetery. Even on Mel's birthdays. I just never was one who'd go to places like this.

"So y-you guys wanna go first?"

"Jamal I think you should go first" he nodded

There was a man watering the plants, and he looked up once he noticed our presence.

"May I help you?"

"Yeah, I'm lookin' fa Regina Evans"

"Section 38"

He was about to put his headphones on but then Kayden stopped him.

"Do you know where M-Melvin LaBranch is?"

The man lifted a brow.

"Oh yes. He's in da' mausoleum. Go straight to where ya see the luh house and search there's a book if you can't find him"

"Thank you"

He put his headphones back on and went back to work.

"Imma go"

Kayden started already walking her way to what looked like the mausoleum house. I went and followed Jamal knowing this wasn't gonna be easy.

Kayden

I looked at the picture of my father and observed everything. I took a deep breath, and noticed this guy standing there. I tried my best to hold my tears but one already slipped but I tried my best to wipe it away. I put the bouquet of flowers in the slot and took a deep breath

"Hey daddy. I just wanted to stop by and see how you were doing. I haven't spoken with you in a while, and I just thought that since I really want you here now I should just start to see you. I would've seen you earlier, but you know mama always wanna come. Anyways I thought I'd tell you a few things that have been on my mind...

Kimberly

I stood by Jamal's side and as soon as we seen the gravestone he bent down and set his flowers.

" Hey mama, it's Jamal y-ya s-son. I know I should have spoken with you a long time ago, but I just thought you didn't want me, plus, I didn't know how to approach you, but I just thought I'd let you catch up with my life. I'm a sophomore now. I know how serious you took school so I'm doin' it fa' you. I know I was suppose to visit auntie but I haven't gotten to it yet. But I will real soon."

He stopped and when I realized I turned and looked at him. I could tell he was holding everything in just by his appearance. I hesitated at first but I touched his hand then held it.

"Just be honest"

He took a deep breath and all of his tears strolled down his face.

"I'm so sorry mama. I was suppose to be there for you when you were sick and I let you down mama, I'm sorry. I regret it. I regret it each and every fucking day."

When his cries grew harder I hugged him. Seeing him cry hurt me. It hurt me so hard that even a few tears dripped from my eyes. He kept repeating I'm sorry through the hug and I tried my best to calm him but it didn't work. He pulled away after a good three minutes then looked at the gravestone again.

"I luh you mama"

"I guess that's all daddy, I love you"

Kayden stood there wiping all of her tears that kept falling.

"You're done ?"

She nodded while wiping away her tears. I gave her a hug knowing that wasn't easy for her.

"Arielle you gon' talk to him?"

"No it's fine" I stated setting the rose on the slot.

I began walking away when Jamal stood there turning me around.

"Jamal stop it."

"You gon talk to him"

"I'm fine, so no"

"Well I'm not really giving you an option"

He stood there and I stood there watching, waiting for him to move away from the door.

"Kayden and I are hea' for you so there is no reason for you to walk out like that."

"I don't want to talk, and you can't force me"

"So you don't wanna talk to your uncle ?" He asked

I stood there

"The man that's up in heaven watching you? Protecting you as best as he can"

"Please m-move" I said lowly

"I know your scared or nervous, but I don't want you to do this fa' me, or Kayden. I want you to do this for you, so be honest with yourself, and deep down just ask yourself, do I really wanna walk out this place without talkin' to my uncle?"

*

"Things have just been hard, and I just can't wait for a day when that all changes" I could tell my voice sounded shaky, and that was only cause I wanted to cry and when I tried holding it, it only made matters worse cause I went down to the floor.

"I can't do this"

I cried and cried. It got to the point where Kayden had to force me up. She cried with me, and when we both stopped, all three of us walked off in silence. Jamal ended up driving us back to Atlanta.

______________________

Vote/Comment

|Remember Not Everything Goes As Planned|

Love youuuu

VSVP-MALLIKA