Chapter 15 : The choice

I had asked Jack what felt like 100 questions but I was just eager to get all the information that I could from him.

I found out that the transition had actually worked and that's how he was alive. I also found out that when he heard that I married Cole he had swore to himself that he wouldn't let me be with him because he knew that that wasn't what I wanted.

''I saw that little girl with your hair, I assume that she is your daughter that you had with Cole?'' This was the question that made me stop and think a little. How couldn't he know that she was his daughter? She had his eyes and smile.

''Actually no she isn't, she's your daughter Jack, our daughter'' I told him in a calm voice praying that he would understand what I was saying.

When I told him that his eyes widened with shock and concern was written all over his face, but after what felt like an eternity without saying what he was thinking, a grin formed on his face.

''I can't believe it! I actually have a daughter! What is her name? I can't wait to meet her!'' Before he could continue expressing his happiness and excitement a thought crossed his mind and he paused from his train of excitement. ''Does she know about me?''

''No Jack, she doesn't. We didn't want her to start asking questions about why you weren't with her. We just wanted her to have a happy childhood'' I suddenly regretted the decision that me and Cole took of hiding from her who her real father was.

''I have to meet her immediately then, she has to know that that son of a bitch isn't her father!'' He yelled in anger. With that he undid all the chains from my chair, grabbed my hand and led me out of the old abandoned mansion that we where in. It looked like Destiny May was going to find out who her really daddy was.

..............................................................

''Before I open this door and let you know I have to warn you that I don't want you and Cole fighting, please just try to get along with him'' I warned him.

After he took in what I had just said he nodded his head signalling that he understood.

When I opened the front door the first thing I heard was Destiny May yelling that ''Mummy was home''. In an instant she was running towards me with her arms wide open and a wide grin on her face. I lifted her up in my arms and kissed her head. I could see that Jack was watching us carefully and in his eyes I could see love and care.

''Mummy who is this man?'' She asked in her angelic voice.

I didn't know what to do and before Jack could open his mouth to tell his daughter who he really was we heard someone clear his throat, Cole.

''I see that we have a guest, what a pleasant surprise! It's nice to see you again Jack it's been to long'' Cole greeted him with mock happiness.

''Ahh my friend Cole, it's nice to see you again'' Jack replied in the same tone as Cole's.

You could feel the tension between them and I didn't know what I was supposed to do. I could tell that all they wanted was to rip each others hearts out, but I couldn't let that happen, I loved them both so much.