Frosted Tree

Jackson Overland

I roll on the sofa. "How hard is it to press send?" I groan.

"What did you do?" James asks and I look at him and leap onto his legs and tug on it.

"... Demon!" James yells in panic and he attempts to kick me away.

"I need your guidance James! I shouldn't of acted without your confirmation." I yell and sob on his legs without actually shedding tears.

"Leave this house! Your possessed! I need to protect my hot body!" James yells in absolute panic and kicks under my chin and I am flown back to my sofa.

James dashes.

"WAIT!" I shout.

James dashes back to in front of me with a cross with and a small book.
"May the power of holiness condemn you!" James yells.

"Put that down!" I yell at him.

"Why should I?! You've never acted like that in your whole life like that." James says freaking out.

"It's because of Elsa! It's her fault. She's made me go all desperate it's made me all weird." I say returning to my normal self. James drops the cross and the book.

"Plus that's not how you properly exorcise. It's a Latin chant." I mutter, I watched the Conjuring.

"I don't know 'The Fallen Angel' was my only guide." James says and puts down the book too.

"... Anyway what advice do you seek?" James asks, acting like an old guy.

"Elsa. I sent her such a big text about how much I'm thankful for her." I tell him.

"She probably didn't see your text." He simply answers.

...

"Fool. Do you think Elsa wouldn't respond?" James asks.

... I overreacted. That's very rare.

"Unless..." I mutter to myself, "She doesn't want to text."

"Hey what dinner foods have you planned?" James asks.

... "... Shit." I say.

James gasps, "How could you?! Presents and food is what makes Christmas! We can't have half a Christmas!" He complains.

"You can go to KFC and buy food. Will you be happy?!" I yell back.

"Ugh," James sighs and lies back on the couch, "Christmas is tiring without them."

I stand up, "Christmas is never going to be the same, let's accept that. But I'm not going to spend my Christmas grieving, rather appreciate what we have." I say and I'm suddenly interrupted by a knocking on the door.

I open the door and Elsa... Elsa is here.

"Wow Elsa! Did you change your mind?!" James yells in joy.

Elsa simply nods and James runs next to me.

"Wait Elsa... Why do you have luggage?" James asks and I look below and see her small suitcase and I jump up.

"Y-your staying here?!" I exclaim.

Elsa weakly laughs, "I'll explain everything."

Elsa comes in and places her suitcase near the kitchen and we all sit down on the sofa.

"Well my family and I were about to leave because our Christmas present is a ski trip. Anyway I got the text from Jack and I don't know... Felt happy. Then I impulsively came here." Elsa explains.