Tears

Elsa Arendelle

Do I like him? Geez why did James ask me this shit?! It's seriously messing with my mind! I can't talk to him properly now!

For example ...

"H-hi J-jackson." I greeted him.

"Hi." He responded casually.

"Um- so uh- bye." I turned away quickly.

So yeah he totally busts up my mind. "Violet ..." I call her while still on my bed.

"Mhmm?"

"How did you know you were in love with Jackson?" I ask he awkwardly blushing.

"When I didn't act myself around him." She says.

"That's all?"

"Yeah."

I guess I don't act myself around him but that all started when James asked me that question. It's not like I instantly liked him after he asked me that.

"Wouldn't the same thing happen if you felt awkward around someone?" I ask her again.

"Yes but that's usually associated with love." She answers. "Why are you asking me this? Is it Jackson?"

I freak out. "Huh?! H-how did you know?"

"It's kind of obvious." She says.

"How did you fall out of love then?" I ask her.

"Get rejected or find someone else. You should find someone else anyway ... Jackson probably doesn't like you or doesn't intend to like anyone." She says but she had kind of a cold tone to it.

That was a huge slap in the face. I guess I shouldn't like him afterall he's too mean.

"Yeah I know right, he's all depresso and that." I laugh like nothing happened.

I walk outside and I find Eugene. Oh god ... this is awkward.

"Hi Eugene!" I greet him "Sorry for being a bitch the other time."

"I really don't care about that anymore." He says to me with a giant smile.

"Ok. Then I won't too." I smile back.

"You smile more often now Elsa ... I like it." Eugene says.

"Better out than in." I say. That saying is usually used for farts or burps or vomit perhaps ... but I use that with emotions.

"Let go for snacks. You up for it?" He offers me.

"Yeah. I'm always up for food."

We both walk normally to a diner where I already see Jackson and a few other people sitting. Oh god please don't tell me that they're the friends from that dangerous district.

I thought, please don't make me sit there.

The world is so cruel so I sat there because Eugene also sat there. I was uncomfortable ... sitting next to a stranger.

"Hey isn't this your girlfriend?" One of the boys pointed at me.

Jackson chuckles wryly, "Nah ... who would date her?"

What a jerk.

"Shut up. You loved me in high school." I snap back.

"I didn't necessarily date you did I?" He responds.

"You wanted to."

Jackson scoffs, "You think too highly of yourself."

"But it's true, don't deny it." I cross my arms, pissed off.

Jackson has the same default face, then he turns away and ignores me.

"Don't turn away from me you idiot!" I shout at him.

Jackson chuckles again, "Why should I look at you? You're disappointing. You're more how do you say ...? Oh that's right! You're too shabby and weird now. I'd much prefer the old you who would not talk to me." He says in that smart-ass tone.

"W-what was that?" I stutter a bit, blinking my eyes several times ... what was with this sudden attack.

"The truth." He says and all his friends laugh.

What I did next was something I wouldn't regret.

I grip my glass tightly and I splash my water in his face ... they all look shocked. Jackson had his eyes squeezed tightly.

"Die you jerk! And all of you can go follow him to hell!" I shout at all of them.

I quickly leave the diner ... they can all rot in hell.

I walk to the bus stop, I was furious. Sad. Angry. But definitely not feeling like I was struck by Cupid, I am not in love with this jerk.

Someone comes to sit next to me. It was ... Jackson Overland.

"What are you doing here? You suddenly attack me now you want to be buddies? Go jump off a cliff." I tell him.

"Sorry. For before." He tells me in a soft voice.

"That was fairly fast. Why couldn't you stop before? Did you want to look cool in front of your friends?" I snarl.

"No, it's because of you. It's your fault." He tells me.

I'm confused.

"Okay ... that makes sense. Listen, you're not getting an apology. Because whenever someone makes a mistake they keep doing it because they think that they can quickly earn forgiveness. So don't think I'm letting you off." I explain, my voice is cracking a bit.

"Elsa?" Jackson tries to look at me.

Tears are developing. What's come over me?

"You idiot! You think what you said won't hurt me?" I start softly sobbing.

"Listen ... what I said it wasn't the truth." He says.

"I don't believe you." I say in distaste, "You said before 'it's the truth' and now you're saying it's not. You are a confusing person Jackson!"

"Listen Elsa, I only attacked you because ... I can't act nice around you." He says.

"See? That proves my point." I wipe my tears.

"I can't tell you anything yet." He replies.

"Of course. You like keeping things to yourself you like to be mysterious. I'm just like everyone else to you ... an outsider."

"Els-"

"I hate you."