Pathetic

Elsa Arendelle

"Guess I've fallen in love then, right?"

I stood still and my eyes widen and stare into his eyes and it looks like he's smiling.

"I've always loved you. I just realized now. I guess I'm an idiot." He chuckles.

I remain the same looking at him.

"I'm sorry Elsa." He mummbles looking down.

Why ... why can't I say anything?

"Actually ... I'm not sorry!" He suddenly bursts out, "It's ridiculous that I've been loving you for a long time! A long long time! It's like I'm saying sorry to you for expressing my feelings to you! I'm an idiot for hiding it!"

... He hidden it the whole time, even from himself.

"Jackson I-" I say, "Love is more complicated than I thought. Please wait for me."

He runs his hand through his hair and chuckles, "You don't have to answer me. I just wanted you to acknowledge it."

He suddenly pulls me into his arms, embracing me tightly. I clench onto his clothes as I feel his warmth.

The light fades away and Jackson walks me home. It was silent, but it was a comfortable one.

"See ya." He waves.

"Bye!" I yell back at him and I see him slightly smile and take off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jackson went back to uni and I and I stayed with my family for another week, still absent-minded.

I put my hands together and close my eyes, "God ... please show me the way. Find my true feelings. Thank you."

First time I've ever prayed in my life.

I arrive back on campus and I make it back to the dorm. "Elsa! You're back! Must've been a nice break from drama and that." Violet tells me.

I laugh, "Not quite."

....

"What?! Jackson likes you?!" She exclaims and I nod.

"How about you?" She asks me.

"I never really- looked at him that way." I say to her and she lifts an eyebrow.

I'm in class and I sit down in my usual spot and I search for Jackson's face but he seems to be sitting all the way at the front.

Why isn't he sitting in his usual seat?

After class ended I follow him because he's acting strange. "Jackson!" I call out to him and he ignores me and goes to his friend.

This whole week all I saw was his back.

"Elsa!" Rapunzel calls out to me, "Come with me please!"

I go with her and she leads me to Cinder Block. I haven't talked to Hiccup lately, or seen him.

"Jackson ... Does he like you?" She asks me.

I nod slowly.

"Do ... you like him?" She looks into my eyes, squinting.

"I-I don't know. I haven't really thought of him that way." I tell her in a quiet soft voice.

"Pathetic!" Rapunzel shouts at me and customers around me stare but soon resumed back to their normal thing.

"Rapunzel? I just told you the truth." I tell her.

"Your just ... you can't see it ... it's frustrating! In what way do you see Jackson then?" She asks me, calming down gradually.

"Special." I simply answer.

"To you?" She assures and I nod and she starts laughing.

"Elsa, you are stupid. When you were gone he was always rejecting girls, not because of his overly huge wall he built but because of you. If you didn't exist he would've been playing girls left to right to take his mind off things but yet ... he pretended you were there. It was like he was reserving the girlfriend spot for you." She explains in such a serious way, it was totally different to her cheery personality.

"Thank you." I tell her in a witty way and get out of my seat and leave.

Why did I walk away? Because I feel like I was being forced to love him.

I ache everywhere, I don't know how to process it. This information, it pains me.

I walk through campus grounds and I spot Jackson, I couldn't see his face but his back with the iconic blue hoodie.

"Jacks-!" I call out to him but I realize he has company ... a girl.

The girl was pretty, brown hair, amber hair and green eyes. She was chuckling and slapping him on the shoulder like she was flirting with him.

What the hell ...? He wouldn't talk to me but he talks to this pretty stranger girl.

This girl keeps playing up in my mind.

If he loves me ... why is he with that girl?

Around another week or so I've seen Jackson get more friendly with other people, he's evolved now haha. But ... why aren't I smiling? I should be happy!

"Godamn studying!" I exclaim while slamming my books on my bed and Vi sniggers.

"What's gotten over you?" She asks.

"I-I don't know!" I exclaim.

"Pfft." She says and runs to the bathroom and throws me a pad.

"I'm not on my period!" I yell.

"Seriously Elsa, since you've gotten back you're in a pissy off mood." Vi tells me.

"Really? Sorry." I calm down, "But grrr so much dirty work! So much studying!"

"I don't get you at times. I feel like someone has possessed you, you usually like to study. You studied so much it brought you into a car accident for christs sake." She says.

"Sorry ... I guess it's just one of those days." I say softly.

Vi laughs, "Or one of those weeks."

After that I headed to the Library unable to study ny mind was just so busy with personal problems like how Rapunzel cracked it at me, and why I'm not myself and why Jackson is avoiding me.
It was 8:00pm at the Library and I am stuffed and I leave the sky was dim but it was still lit up with purple. It was also quite windy.

I walk outside with my books and I catch Jackson and his back faced towards me ... it's all because of that non-washed iconic blue hoodie. He was walking through the outside hallway the side walk lights illuminated the path in the dark setting.

The back of his head was covered by the hoodie. This whole time I never saw his face.

The distinctive icy blue eyes ...
The silver hair ...
The blue hoodie ...
The palest skin ...

Then it hit me.

These few weeks I've felt incomplete because I didn't see him ...

I see Rapunzel. I am pathetic.

I've never felt entirely happy for him because I didn't see him.

"Jackson!" I call out to him but he keeps walking.

I missed him.

"I love you!" I shout at him and he instantly pauses.

He is the source of my happiness.