Drained

Elsa Arendelle

I got a part time job. I wanted to contribute to my college fund. And I know it'll be hard for me since I've got to study hard too.

I work at a warehouse. Where people buy hardware, plants, tools and stuff like that.

I water the plants and my phone rings and I secretly answer it, "Hey Vi. I'm working right now." I tell her.

"You know when you and Jackson haven't been talking for 2 weeks?" Vi says. Yes it's been that long. Vi continues, "He came around looking for you and I said you were at work. Well he said that it's better if you were to keep the things as they were."

"Huh?!" I exclaim, "So he threw me away just like that?!"

"Mhmm ..." Violet confirms, "I told you he was nothing but cold. Stuff that he's freezing!" She exclaims.

"But I had no intention of reconciling with him in the first place." I say to her.

"Okay ... well bye." She farewells me.

"See you." I hang up.

What I said about reconciling ... that was a lie. I just wanted him to do everything to earn my forgiveness, I guess I'm selfish.

I go back to my dorm and I start studying. I've got large shifts at work and I have less time to study.

"Hey Elsa. Maybe you should try to get shorter shifts." Vi tells me.

"I applied for long hours. I can't ask them to cut it down." I say to her.

I continue studying and working out stuff. I was up all night.

"Hey time for school." Violet shakes me.

"I am soooo tired." I yawn.

"Uhh ... coffee!" Vi suggests and hands me a cup of coffee.

I drink it and it did help me.

Overtime I grew bags under my eyes, I looked unhealthy and I started to smell. My schedule was so busy I didn't have time to shower, I had to rely on perfume or deodorants. And my hair was really greasy.

"You should quit your job." Violet tells me.

"No, I can't. I'll be broke if I do." I say to her in a broken down voice. And as soon as you know it I fall asleep.

I finally wake up. I just remembered Violet finally got her new red car because she got her full license. I've got a license but obviously ... no car.

I wake up again and I sloppily walk to school and I bump into Jackson.

Oops.

"Elsa ... you look gross." Jackson says to me.

"I know. But I don't want to hear that from you." I snarl at him, "Instead of insulting me. You should have a caring approach."

Jackson laughs wryly, "I don't care for people. Number one thing you should know about me."

"Now that's the reason why you don't have real friends." I say to him.

"I heard you have a job." He changes the subject.

"Yeah."

"Long hours I'm guessing ...?" He inhales sharply.

"Oh ... how did you know?" I ask sarcastically.

"I mean- look at the state of you. You look ridiculous!" Jackson cracks up laughing in my face. "You really do look disgusting."

"Do you see now why we can't be friends? It's because I look out for you and I get this in return." I tell him.

"Look out for me?" Jackson looks suprised.

"Why do you think I stuck by you? Because I obviously wanted to look out for you! I wanted to be of assistance! If I get attitude in return ... what the hell am I going to do?" I rant on, Jackson looks suprised.

"Aw man you're making me lose my breath. I'm just so tired now, and I have to head to work after the lecture." I say to him and leave his sight.

I was with Vi for the lecture. "Hey, taling the bus and the train is pretty tiring. So I can drop you off work." She whispers to me.

"Sounds good." I say and warmly smile at her.

After the lecture we both walk to her car. Then her phone rings.

She talks a bit then she hangs up. "Elsa I have to hang around here a while I have a group assignment you need to work on." Violet tells me. "You've got a license so you're alright." Violet gives me the keys.

"Are you sure I can use your car?" I reassure.

"Totally." Violet smiles at me.

Jackson Overland

I look out for you.

Elsa said that.

Her words echoed through my mind.

That just warmed my heart.

Has anyone ever said that to me but really meant it? No.

That's why I was so happy to hear those words.

My phone rung and it was Vi ... she probably was going to rant about why I didn't show up at the group assignment meeting.

I answer it, "Yo."

"Jackson!" Violet shouted in a panicked voice. "E-elsa ...! She was in a car accident!"

A/N

Some people couldn't open this chapter. That's because I unpublished it before because it had errors so yeah.

Vote & Comment !!!