Cinder Block

Elsa Arendelle

I walk to a nearby coffee shop called 'Cinder Block' they sell various cakes and of course coffee. Yes I am a uni student and for me coffee is essential for my survival.

I wait to be served then Hiccup suddenly appears before my eyes. He's serving me. He has a job at this coffee shop?

This is turning into a damn reunion. "Hey Hiccup .. why do you work here?" I ask him.

Hiccup just raises his pointing finger in the air signalling 'I need a moment'. "I can't talk right now I finish my shift in 10 minutes. So what will you like?" He asks.

"A medium sized coffee please." Hiccup nods and I take a seat waiting for Hiccup to finish. He sits in front of me while I'm sipping my coffee. Hiccup has his own as well.

"So which college do you go to?" He asks.

"Magika. The one that's close by from here. And how come you're working so far away?" I ask.

"I go to Wesleton Law School which is also not so far away." He answers.

"How is it?"

"Awful. The professors are just mad in a way. Plus I'm quite awkward speaking in public. So ... how about you?"

"Wow you've had it rough. But it's kind of weird having Jackson aka Jack in the same uni." I laugh.

Hiccup chokes on his coffee. "What?!" He exclaims in a croaky voice.

"Wait ... you don't know?" I ask him and he shook his head still coughing on his coffee, I giggled a bit.

Then I glanced at the window outside. A hooded figure just stood outside he was beside the glass. And as I was going to make direct eye contact he resumes walking. Creepy.

I looked back at Hiccup who was still coughing but then he stops. "Jack and I haven't talked in more than a year." Hiccup says.

"What?"

"In fact, he hasn't talked to anyone in that period. He ignored everyone, occasionally he would talk but it was either to insult you or if he was forced to answer something by the the teacher. Everyone thought it was because of you but he wouldn't be that knocked up over you he would still call you and visit you right? But he didn't. That meant something really bad happened." He says.

I kept my mouth shut about the accident. That information isn't mine to tell.

"So who'd he hang out with?" I ask him.

"Well Rapunzel would always cling on him for some reason. But putting that aside he'd usually just be alone sitting in the corner of the football field." He explains.

Oh right, the corner of the football field.

"So ... how was it in your other school?" He asks me.

"Pretty average. Nothing excited me." I tell him. Actually some stuff happened.

"What happened with Merida?" I ask him.

"Well she was kind of a lone wolf since Punzie clinged onto um Jack. But Merida became one of the sloppiest girls in school without Punzie scolding her. I hung out with Astrid but Merida hated her for some reason so we never hung out." He explains.

"When did Jackson aka Jack, change his name?" I ask him.

"He was able to change it late last year. But I never got use to calling him Jackson." Hiccup says.

"Yeah ... me too." I tell him.

"Hey can we keep in touch? I don't have your number." Hiccup says and I nod.

We both exchange numbers.

"Thanks!" He says and smiles and I smile back. Then from the corner of my eye I saw that hooded figure again.

"I need to go Hicc. See ya!" I say. By the time Hiccup was about to wave I ran outside.

I caught up to the hooded figure. "Hey you!" I shout and I pull down his hood.

"Jackson? You were the one creeping around Cinder Block?!" I exclaim.

"What are doing with Hiccup?" He asks.

"I just ran into him .. why?"

"How ... is he?" He says in a soft and slightly sincere voice.

"He's alright." I respond.

Jackson nods his head and keeps walking. But I grab his hood. "Why don't you go talk to him you wuss?!" I yell.

"Don't touch me you-" He says irritated and he grabs my wrist that accidentally drags me into his chest.
I blush madly and I push him. "Don't try to assualt me." I tell him.

"What? I wasn't trying to assualt you. I was just trying to get your hand of my clothes and you coincidentally you know-" He says and looks away crossing his arms.

"Right." I say and finally crack up laughing.

"Why are you laughing? You look like an idiot." He says still crossing his arms.

"I honestly don't know." I say smiling. Jackson's eyes were wide open.

"Why do you look so shocked?" I ask.

"N-nothing really." He answers.

"Anyway ..." I continue "You should talk to him."

"Why would I need to talk to him? It's not like I want to." Jackson mutters then leaves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I go back to my apartment. I want Violet to be comfortable around me. Violet is on her laptop taking down notes. "Hey Violet want to go somewhere tomorrow?" I ask her.

"R-really?!" She exclaims then her tone softens "Where?"

"I don't know. Where do you want to go?" I ask her.

"M-me? I don't know." She says.

"Come on. I know you want to go somewhere."

"Movies?" She suggests.

"Yes!" I respond.

I leave the apartment to find Jackson. I ask everyone where Jackson's apartment is. And I struck luck a student told me where his apartment is.

As I made my way to his apartment all the college boys where chaotic messing shit up and smelling like balls of sweat.

"Oooh ... It's a girl." Most of them says and their eyes sparkled with awe.

"I'm not an alien you know." I tell them and I barge into Jackson's room.

"Jackson would you like to go to the movies with Violet and I?" I say and it appears Jackson isn't here.

How awkward.

"Eugene?! Again?!" I shout obviously shocked that college student is a pain. But he doesn't even go here (mean girl lovers .. wazzup?!)

"Suprised to see me? I'm getting a bachelor degree here at Magika." He says "And I would love to go to the movies." He says and grins.

"Oh geez ... well fine. Here's my number." I tell him and write it on a piece of paper and give to him.

"Oh and by the way where Jackson's room?" I ask him.

"Directly above this floor." He answers.

"Thanks."

I take the flight of stairs and barge into the room. And I see Jackson snoozing. I shake him awake.

"Hey do you want to go to the movies with Violet and I tomorrow at 12am at the mall?" I ask.

He looks at me his eyes were still drained. "...no."

Well ... I tried.