Silent but Deadly

Elsa Arendelle

We head back. The charity guys will take care of his family's stuff since it's all in the front.

Jackson and I head back in silence for me it was a normal comfortable silence. But for him he felt I don't know- awkward. Why is it awkward?

We finally make it back and it's 7am .. how long have we stayed at his house?

"Your welcome." I say and nudge Jackson.

He looks at me and rolls his eyes, "Thanks." But from his tone he wasn't expressing his true sincerity and gratitude.

I enter the room and Violet is on her bed miserable. Her jet black hair covering one eye and bags under them too. Her eyes were puffed up like she was crying all night.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"You probably heard .. Jackson doesn't like me and he provided me false hope." Violet sniffles.

"If that's the problem then-"

Violet cuts me off, "That's only 40 percent of the problem."

"Then what's the rest?" I raise and eyebrow.

Violet takes a deep breath and glares at me, "You." She simply answers.

"Me?" I repeat and I put my hand on my chest.

"Yeah. When I finally found the perfect friend you lie to me about your feelings with Jackson ... seeing him behind my back. And when you found out that he rejected me you didn't care about me you spent more quality time seeing him. Y-you even spent the night with him!"  Violet rants. And continues ranting till I walk to her and slap her.

Violet looks shocked.

"Why did you slap me?" Her voice calms down.

"Well 'Let me explain' or 'It's not what you think' doesn't really work, well not in movies anyway." I answer.

Violet raises an eyebrow.

"Nothing is going on with Jackson and I." I emphasize slowly and loud enough. "I helped him pack up stuff to give to charity. You should know that Jackson and I are friends we spend a lot of time together just because he's the opposite sex doesn't mean that we're ugh-dating." I explain.

"Oh .. darn it. I should of- known. Why did I lash out? Why am I such a bad friend?" She says to herself.

"I'm sorry. I use to have a lot of friends back then but they used me and I just allowed them to use me. I regretted not standing up for myself so in high school I made no friends because I didn't want to get hurt. When I met you my definition of friendship changed .. I know this is cheesy but I assumed so I thought you were just like my old friends- that's why I was so angry." Violet explains. "I'm sorry this shouldn't be an excuse or anything."

Violet fiddles with her finger and looks down wiping the tears with her sleeve.

"Look Vi .. it's fine. But you should know that only decisions reflect on our future not our past. Everyone is not the same." I tell her and I lay a hand on her shoulder.

"I envy you. I want to be optimistic like you." She says shyly.

"Well in my past I was nowhere like this person, but if you want to make the change you can." I tell her.

"Thanks." She responds with a warming smile.

"Okay ... this is getting depressing you need to find someone to fall in love with." I say and put my arm around her shoulder.

I pull her all the way to the mall. And on our way to find cute boys I find a cute shop selling gorgeous clothes. Then I spot.

... Merida?

She's wearing high heels with a hot pink miniskirt and a white singlet. She's wearing stacks of makeup enough to make her look like a trashy sugar mama.

She just makes me want to look away.

When people say 'Life is a journey to find yourself' they don't mention losing yourself too.

"M-merida?!" I exclaim.

This is truly unexpected seeing Merida like this.

"Elsa?" She looks as shocked as I am.

"Why are you so different?" I ask her.

Her phone rings. "We can catch up later babe I have a call from my boyfriend." She tells me.

Babe?!

I didn't want to catch up so I left dragging Violet with me. "Who's she?" Vi asks.

"An oooold friend." I simply answer.

After that we left the mall and I dropped off Vi at our room and I frantically speed walk to Cinder Block where I can see Hiccup is not on his shif.

"Hiccup!" I call out to him. And I seat myself to the opposite chair.
"You didn't tell me Merida was you know-"

Hiccup sighs. "Yes .. unfortunately." He answers. "You didn't want to know what she was like."

"H-how did she turn into that?" I ask.

"Well without any friends telling her that she can be herself she kinda took under the influence of her mother." He explains.

"But her mother is more lady and she's girly girl." I say.

"Well for her mother 'acting like a girl' was good enough for her." He says.

"I'm truly weirded out this is too much of a change. Hell, it's a damn transformation." I mutter. "Everything is changing and I don't like it."

Like myself ...

"It's all part of growing up I guess." He answers.

"I shouldn't of gone to Magika I should've gone to a college nearby my house. Eversince I got here was a whole reunion and I only came here to avoid that stuff." I explain.

"Yeah but didn't you want to go here for the education?" He asks.

"Not really it's mainly because I don't want to see anyone and let history repeat itself." I answer.

Hiccup takes a sip of his decaf coffee and looks at me and smiles. "Well, you're no different from Jackson then." He says.

"What?"

"You're trying to escape your past .. just like Jackson." He elaborates. "Maybe just maybe he doesn't want to just forget but he doesn't want history repeating itself."

"Hold on.." I say and blink several times "But history can't repeat itself most of his family is already gone."

"No Elsa ... he doesn't fear that. He fears that someone he cares about will get hurt and he builds a wall so when something bad happens to them he won't get emotionally effected." He explains.

It all makes sense.

So that isn't the real him.

A/N

I added audio to Chapter 1 and Chapter 9! So if you want to check it out ... you'll need the latest Wattpad update.

Thanks for all the sweethearts that have been voting and leaving nice comments behind! Love youu guys ♥