New York LifeStyle

~Afternoon~
Maks and I pulled up in front of 37th and 37th street in New York and gazed at the building. I smiled. Nice place. I said looking around as we got out. Maks nodded agreeing with me. We walked up to the door and he held it open for me. I thanked him and walked into the building. We were immediately met by two secretaries. You two here to dance? one of the woman asked. Maks shook his head as we walked up to the counter. Actually I am Val's brother, and this is his fiancé. he said nodding at me. I smiled at the two ladies. Okay one second. she said. We nodded as I pulled out my phone to see I had a text from Val. You here? it read. I clicked call on his contact. Ey babe, what's up? he asked. Maks and I are here, but they won't let us up. I said. One minute. he said with a laugh. I could hear him walking through the phone and a minute later we heard an elevator ding open and we looked to see Val walking over to us. Ey babe. he said pulling me into his arms and kissing my head. I smiled as he pulled away and embraced Maks. Yeah these two are cool ladies, they're family. Val said nodding at the two ladies. They nodded as they went back to typing on their computer. Val grabbed my hand and lead us into the elevator. So, what do you think? he asked. It's really nice from what I've seen so far. I said with a smile. Maks nodded agreeing with me. It's great. he said. It's great. Val said mocking him. I laughed as Maks glared at Val as we exited the elevator and arrived in a dance room. A chandelier was on the wall, wooden floor, and a glass mirror in the front with chairs on the other side of the walls. We watched as Alex danced with a woman. I smiled when a kid in the corner caught my eye. I walked over to her as Maks and Val talked. Hey sweetie. I said with a smile. She smiled shyly at me. Is that your mom? I asked. She nodded. Your mom is a really good dancer. I said. She smiled. She's usually a doctor. she said. I smiled. Do you dance? I asked. She shook her head. Not your thing? I asked with a laugh. She nodded. Yeah, I'm not to big on dancing either. I said. I looked over in Val and Maks's direction. Hey, do you wanna dance? I asked looking at her with a smile. Really? she asked. I nodded. Maks, Val! I called. They turned their attention to us and walked over. Yes babe? Val asked. And hello again. he said smiling at her. You good? he asked high fiving her. I smiled as I grabbed the little girl's hand and stood up. We want to dance. I said. Maks and Val looked at me. Really? they both asked. I nodded. Yeah, we really wanna dance. I said with a laugh. Maks and Val exchanged a look. Alright. Val said walking over to the boom box interrupting Alex and the woman's dance. Bro! Alex said. Val laughed. We have some people who want to join us. Val said pointing at us. Alex! I exclaimed. He smiled. Jamaica! he said. I walked over and hugged him. What's up girl? he asked. I laughed. Not much, you? I asked. He shrugged. Same stuff, different day. he said with a laugh. I laughed. You dancing? he asked. I shrugged. Thought I would give it a shot. I said. He smiled. Good. he said grabbing the woman's hand as Val started up the boom box and a song from Frozen began to play. Val grabbed my hand as Maks and the little girl danced next to us. Alright. Val said as we all stood in front of the mirror. He showed us how to do the dance and we followed him. I smiled as I watched Maks and the little girl dance. Aw Maks, I can't wait until you have kids. I said with a smile. He faked laughed and looked at me. Oh yeah, well I can't wait to officially be Uncle Maks. he said. I laughed. Soon Maks, Soon. I said as Val and I danced around the room with everyone dancing around us.

~Night~ Maks, Val, GramDukes, and I pulled up in a van in front of a club. Val and I got out and helped GramDukes. Remind me again why we're here? I asked with a laugh. Because, you're about to have the time of your life. Maks said with a wink and pulled me into the club. I looked around at all the people. Uh Maks, I don't think this is really my thing. I said looking around. He laughed. Come on Ramaka, loosen up. he said pulling me towards the bar. He signaled the bartender over. What can I get you? the guy asked. We'll take two champagnes, please. Maks said. The guy nodded and went to fix our drinks. Really? I asked looking at him. You do know I'm pregnant right? I asked with a laugh. He shrugged. You're going to be a Chmierkowskyi, one drink won't kill you. he said with a wink as the guy came back with our drinks. Maks paid the guy and handed me one of the glasses. To being a Chmierkowskyi. he said clanking his glass on mine. I laughed and rolled my eyes as we both took a sip of our drinks.  Partly! Maks exclaimed. I rolled my eyes and took another sip of the drink. Maks grabbed my hand and lead us to where Val and GramDukes were dancing. Lean and Dab came on and Val pulled out his phone as we all started dancing. He recorded himself teaching GramDukes how to do the dance. We all laughed and started dancing. After a few more songs, we decided to head out to meet up with some of Val and Maks's old friends. Val and I helped GramDukes back into the van and Maks headed off down the road. I looked up at the mirror. You know, I just realized you have a Minnie Mouse hanging from your mirror. I said with a laugh. Everyone laughed. Minnie is bae. Val said as he turned on the radio and Val and I sang along to the song. We arrived back at the house and we helped GramDukes in and made sure Momma and Papa were alright and headed back out onto the streets of New York. Guys, where are we going exactly? I asked. They laughed. You trust us, right? Maks asked as he turned a corner and parked in front of a building. I saw Alex and a few of their friends outside. I don't know, do I? I asked skeptically. Val got out of the van and opened the passenger door for me. I sighed and got out as he grabbed my hand and lead us over to everyone. Val introduced me to everyone, and surprisingly we all got along very well. I even met their best friend, Vic. Turns out we have a lot in common. I smiled as Alex walked over to us and hugged me again. I smiled and hugged him back. Who knows, it might actually turn out to be a good night.