Pizzeria

Welcome to Papa's Pizzeria, what can I get you guys? the guy asked. Val and I looked up at the menu. Get what you want. Val said. I looked at him shaking my head. You don't have to-Don't argue with me. Val said with a laugh. I rolled my eyes. Fine, I'll take a piece of taco pizza with a Dr. Pepper please. I said. Val glared at me. No, you won't. he said. I raised an eyebrow. She'll take a water. Val answered for me. I glared at him: The guy wrote it down. And for you? he asked Val. Uhm..Val said dancing on his toes. I'll take a piece of veggie pizza and a water. he asked. The guy nodded. That will be $10.39. the guy said. Val nodded and pulled out his credit card handing it to the guy. He handed Val his card back and a receipt. That'll be right out. he said. Val nodded and lead me to a table in the back near a window. He sat down across from me and I put my bag down on the chair next to me. I glared at him. Really? I asked. What? he asked. No soda? I asked. You know what's in those things and what they do to your body? Val asked. I shrugged. Do you know how good they taste? I asked. That might be so, but when you're someone like me you can't bring soda. he said with a shrug. I laughed. Fair enough. So, you dance at all? Val asked. I shrugged. Took ballet as a kid, but it wasn't really my thing. I said. Val nodded. So, photography? Val asked. I nodded. I don't know, it's just something I've always been interested in. I said. Val nodded. So, are you strictly sports photographer or do you do other things? he asked. I used to be strictly nature photography, but I wanted a challenge. I said. He nodded. Why all the questions? I asked. He shrugged. I just want to learn more about chu. he said. I smiled as our food showed up. Thanks. we said to the guy and Val took a sip of his water.