Val

We pulled into the garage of Val and Derek's house and got out of the car. We walked into the house and we saw Derek and Noelle dancing in the living room. I smiled. 10! I exclaimed. They both turned and looked at me. Aunt Jamaica! Noelle ran and hugged me. I smiled and picked her up. Hey sweetie, did you have fun with Derek? I asked with a smile. She nodded. We danced, watched cartoons, and he gave me candy! she exclaimed. I glared at Derek. He came and stood next to me. Hey, that was supposed to be our secret! he said. She laughed slightly. Sorry. she said. Derek smiled. It's fine, sweetie. he said ruffling her hair. Derek, we got you coffee. Val called from the kitchen. Derek walked away from us and I sat down with Noelle on the couch. You know, your dad is coming to pick you up tomorrow. I said. She had a sad expression on her face. I don't wanna go. she said as a tear left her eye. I wiped away her tears and smiled sadly at her. You can come visit whenever you want, and I'll make sure we come visit you? I said with a smile. Promise? she asked. Val came up behind us and smiled at her. We promise. he said. She smiled and reached for Val. Val took her from me and walked to the kitchen. I got chu something. he said pulling out a bag from the store. You like toys? he asked. She nodded excitedly. He handed her the bag and she pulled out the bear. She smiled and wrapped her arms around Val's neck. I smiled at them. You two are absolutely adorable. Val smiled at me as they walked back from the kitchen. Noelle hugged the bear close to her. I looked at the time on my phone; 8:30 PM. Noelle it's time for bed, sweetie. I said standing up. She sighed. Okay. she said. I picked her up and walked upstairs to the spare bedroom where she's been sleeping. I opened the door to the bedroom and walked inside. I pulled up the covers on her bed and laid her down. I covered her up and laid her down. Val came in awhile later and smiled at us. Good night, Noelle. I said kissing her head. Good night, Auntie Jamaica.  she said letting out a small yawn. I smiled at Val and walked out of the room. I stood by the door and listened to what they were talking about. I could hear the bed creak signaling that Val sat down on the bed. Did you have a good time this week? Val asked. I had the best time! she exclaimed. Val laughed. I'm glad to hear that. Do you like your bear? he asked. I wove him. she said. Val smiled. Uncle Val? I heard her ask. I could hear Val laugh at what she called him and a small blush appeared on my cheeks. Yes, sweetie? he asked. You wove Auntie Jamaica? she asked. I could hear Val clear his throat. I do, I love your aunt very much. he said. I smiled. She weally wikes you, wike awot! she exclaimed. Val laughed. Is that so? he asked. She says you're weally cute and weally funny. she said. Val laughed. You're adorable, sweetie. I could hear Noelle laugh. Get some sleep. he said and I could hear the bed creak again. I could hear Val kiss her head and I quickly walked to Val's bedroom as I heard him walking out of the guest bedroom. I sat down on the bed and acted like I was checking my phone. Val came in and closed the door. I looked up from my phone and smiled at him. Hey. I said putting my phone down on the table. Val smiled and came and laid on me burying his head in my neck. Hey. he said. Noelle asleep? I asked. Soon. he replied. So..Val started. I looked at him. I'm cute and funny, huh? he asked with a smirk. I laughed and playfully pushed him off of me. He laughed and I ran a hand through his hair. You are really cute though. I said with a laugh. Val darted his eyes to me and smiled. I ran a finger across Val's beard. He grabbed my hand and brought it to his lips. You know I care about chu, right? he asked. I nodded. Of course. I replied. Why do you ask? I asked. He shrugged and sat up and looked at me still holding his hand. I just feel as though I don't tell you I love you enough. he said. I rolled my eyes at him. Val, you tell me you love me every chance you get. I said with a laugh. I sat in his lap. Are you okay? I asked with my hands around his neck. He nodded. I'm fine. he said. I searched his eyes and put a hand on his cheek. You're gonna miss her, aren't you? I asked. He nodded and ran a hand through his hair. I half smiled at him and stroked his cheek. You two really have quite the bond, she really does like you. I said. Val smiled. I'm very fond of her also. he said. I'm gonna miss her too, but we have to go to New York tomorrow, your mind will be on other things, it'll be okay. I said smiling reassuringly at him. He cracked a small smile and pulled me into him. I don't know what I would do without you..he said releasing a breath. I smiled. Luckily, you'll never have to know, because I plan on being with you for awhile and, you would go insane. I said with a smile. I could feel Val's head move from where it was sitting on top of mine as he laughed. I smiled and got cozy on his chest. Val wrapped his arms around me and I sighed in content. I love you. Val said running a hand through my hair. I love you too. I said sleepily with a smile on my face as I kissed his neck and laid my head on his chest.