Halloween

Aunt Jamaica? I heard Noelle ask. Yes, sweetie? I asked. Are we gonna go trick or treating? she asked. I thought about it. Do you want to? I asked. She nodded with a smile. I laughed and smiled at her. Okay, we can go trick or treating then. I said smiling at her. Val! I called. I saw him walk out from the kitchen. Yeah babe? he asked. What are you doing tonight for Halloween? I asked. Val ran a hand through his hair. There's a Halloween party, but I don't really want to attend; why, what's up? he asked. Noelle wants to go trick or treating. I said as he sat down next to us. Val grabbed her from me. You want to go trick or treating? he asked. He nodded shyly at him. I laughed. He won't hurt you Noelle, this is Aunt Jamaica's friend. I said looking at her. Val smirked at me. Yeah, "friend". he said with a wink. I rolled my eyes at him. He nice? she asked. I smiled and nodded. He's very nice. I said with a laugh. She looked at Val and he smiled at her. She looked at the tattoo on his arm. Sea shell? she asked. He nodded. Pretty. she said with a smile. I smiled at her. So, what do you wanna be for Halloween? I asked her. I could see she was thinking about it. Kitty dancer! she exclaimed. Val and I looked at her and laughed. Kitty dancer? I asked. She nodded and hopped out of Val's lap and ran to her bag. She came back with a white dress and kitty hat in her hands. This. she said handing them to me. I examined the outfit. Okay, you want to go get dressed? I asked. She nodded at me. I picked her up and walked upstairs. We'll be back. I said with a laugh in Val's direction. I'm looking forward to it! I heard him call. I laughed and walked into Val's bedroom. I walked into the bathroom and closed the door. I helped Noelle change into her dress and zipped it up for her. She pulled the hat onto her head and smiled at me. You look beautiful, Noelle. I said with a smile. I pulled out my phone and took a picture of her. I picked her up and walked back downstairs to see Val had changed into his costume. He was wearing black dress pants, a tuxedo jacket with a few buttons undone, and had a scary mask sitting next to him on the couch. The Kitty dancer has arrived. I said as we got downstairs. Val looked up from his phone and turned his attention to us. He smiled when he saw Noelle. He stood up and walked over to us. He grabbed Noelle from me and smiled at her. You look adorable sweetie. he said. I could see a blush on her cheek. I smiled as Val set her down on the ground and started talking to her. He grabbed her hand and started dancing with her. I grabbed my phone and snapped a picture of them. I uploaded it to Twitter with the caption. My family @iamvalc 😍 👨‍👩‍👧 He really hit it off with my niece! #IThinkTheyLikeEachother #HesAKeeper #HappyHalloween (Picture on the side) Well, I'm gonna go get changed. I said walking upstairs and into Val's room. I grabbed my costume and walked into the bathroom.