one •

thursday, february 5, 2015

one •

the flower crown rests perfectly around his freshly dyed lilac hair. a white tumblr sweater with the words why can't someone look at me the way I look at pizza, lays draped over his shoulders. his blue skinny jeans are tight against his legs, and his all white converse seemingly glued to his feet. torn and tattered the shoes are, but he wears them none the less.

my admiring doesn't go unnoticed by my best friend luke who elbows and snickers at my inability to speak to the boy. his name slips my mind, and I always miss the announcement when roll is called each after noon. my confidence always shrinks to a mere nothing when the boy strides into the room with ashton irwin each day.

I envy ashton, for being able to be friends with the gorgeous boy. the issue I deal with each day is that he looks so innocent, almost seeming to mimic a porcelain doll with the pale flawless skin of his, so the ideal of working up enough courage always seems possible till I see him. my hands shake, my words mumble, my mind completely blurs coherent thoughts, and my ability to stay calm at all becomes impossible.

"stop staring. just go fücking talk to him." luke grunts, rolling his eyes at my lack of work ethic and the fact that I'm too much of a loser to talk to the boy I've been crushing on for a month now. if it were anyone else, I would be cuddling up to him friday nights, and taking him out saturday mornings for breakfast, but this wasn't just anyone. he's different, and not just by his choice in hair colors or style of tumblr sweaters, but more of how just one look has me a bubbly mess of incomplete sentences, and unattractive laughs.

"you know I can't." I groan, letting my
head fall in my hands, mentally cursing at myself for being such a chicken over this.

"calum," mrs. fink's head snaps my way, the crinkly old women's skin practically cracking from how dry the chilly weather makes the cells. I shudder as her blue eyes that strikingly resemble the frozen ocean waters, stare into mine. "get back to work. if I have to ask you one more time, I'll be changing your seat."

"yes ma'am." I mumble, turning back to a giggling luke. I smack his lanky arm, annoyed that only I got yelled at by the strictest teacher in the whole building – at least she teaches a computer class instead of an actual educational course.

my eyes snap back to the lilac haired boy, admiring every single detail of the boy I've fallen so head over heels for. hair messily styled to coordinate with his hair accessory today, his eyebrow piercing is kept from sinking through his skin, but his eyes are the real treasure. I can only imagine staring into the forest green I've noticed they are. his eyes concentrate on the computer in front of him, the light from the screen illuminating the boys pale complexion, and I only seem to wonder what he'd look like beneath the stars, wrapped in my arms.

"he probably thinks your fücking creepy. all you do is stare," luke steals my attention again, indirecting toward my lack of confidence to approach the highly approachable boy. "that, or he thinks your too much of a pussy to ask him out. which you are."

everyday luke intentionally pokes, and prods at situations that are none of his business. specifically the issue I deal with daily.

"smile any wider, and you'll pop your zits, hemmings." I snap, holding the words beneath my breath. luke deserves to hear the same shit he's giving me, although, it's quite insensitive to make fun of ones insecurities – I do it none the less.

"that's it hood," mrs. fink blurts. "I'm moving you to sit on the other side of michael."

"who's michael?" I question, scrunching my nose at the unfamiliar name.

"raise your hand michael." that's when the boys hand slowly raises, his sweater paw diminishing as his pale hand opens wide.

I physically pale, gulping when luke's devious smile reappears, along with a snicker. I glare at him as the steps made toward my new seat gradually come to an end. my nerves about triple, and I most likely look like a chihuahua during winter.

"hey." michael whispers, his voice almost inaudible over the small chatting going on all around.

"h-hi." i squeak, clearing my throat right after to try and cover my nerves. the last thing I need is for the boy to know about my small, tiny, obsession.

"I like your bracelets." he compliments, my breath hitching as his eyes lock with my own. stereotypical, but dark green with mixtures of shapes, different colors all make up the galaxy beneath his eyes.

"I like your hair." his giggle reaches my ears, a blush forming on his face, as I try to adjust myself to the sight before me. seeing michael like this for the first time is over whelming, sensational, and over all completely terrifying.

+++++

I'm not going to give up
girly!michael
love you all - meagan