*******

"Channel, what's wrong?" Jessie asked as I walked into her room. I shook my head as she looked at me. Her eyes got watery and she knew what was coming next.

"No" she said shaking her head "No!"

"She's gone" I said taking her hands.

"No! I wanna see her. You're lying" she screamed pushing my hands away. "She can't be gone. Let me see her"she yelled "I wanna see her. Why didn't you tell me" she sobbed as she hit me constantly.

"Jessie, I'm sorry!" I said before pulling her into me and sliding down toward the floor and I held her in my arms. "I'm sorry"

"She can't be gone. She can't" she sobbed and I cried with her. We stayed there for what felt like hours and the next thing I know, I was waking up in her bed. I looked over to see her soundly asleep, but I could smell the scent of breakfast in the air. I got up from the bed and made my way to my room to brush my teeth and wash my face. After 5 minutes, I made my way downstairs to see Trey, his mom, Forrest, and his whole team in my kitchen.

"Hi sweetheart." M. April said coming up to me and pulling me into her arms. I held on to her as I tried to hold back my tears but to no avail. I would never see my mom again and I didn't know how to handle it. I sobbed into her shoulder as she cried too. My mom was her best friend. This was just as hard for her as it was for me.

"It's gonna be okay " she said between tears as she rubbed my back. "Come on sweetie" she said leading me toward the bathroom. Once we got there, she grabbed a Kleenex and wiped my tears.

"I can't believe she's gone like that." I sniffed. "It doesn't make any sense. It's just all so sudden."

"I wish she told you guys sooner." She said shaking her head. "She's been sick for a long time honey. She really wanted to be strong for you guys and the truth is the doctors only gave her a few months to live when they diagnosed her. She outlived that, but I guess she just couldn't hold up anymore."

I shook my head at what she said. I couldn't believe this. I needed my mother, what was I supposed to do now? This was tearing me apart and I knew things would tear Jessie apart even more. She was only 15. Things would be worse for her than it would be for me. I had my mother to guide me through the toughest years of my life, Jessie wasn't gonna have that.

"I don't know what we're supposed to do without her." I said barely above a whisper as my tears got stuck in my throat.

"You girls will be okay. She raised two strong women, and even though you can't touch her, she'll always be with you, and you know I'll always be here for you guys. No matter what." She said and I nodded

"Thank you" I said

"No need honey" she said as she attempted to dry her own tears that continued to fall. It was nice that she said she would always be here, but it sucked because she was ultimately the only 'family' we really had left. Our father's were MIA, the grandparents that we knew were dead and my mom had no relatives.

After a few minutes we exited the bathroom and I went back to the kitchen to where Trey and the rest of the guys were. Trey came and pulled me into a hug before kissing the top of my head. After a few seconds, Bully came and put his arms around both of us before the rest of the guys in the kitchen came and joined the hug causing me to laugh.