CHAPTER 26: A MOMENT TO REMEMBER

A MOMENT TO REMEMBER: THE ROAD BEFORE THE AISLE

FLASHBACK...

It was a Saturday morning when Quinn decided to walk around the busy street of New York.

She was just walking and wasn't sure where to go. Maybe she just wants to breathe from all the problems she had been going through. Maybe as she walk, she can think of her future... Her future with Santana.

She loves her and she wants to be with her for the rest of her life. San is the only woman that can make her smile, the woman who loves her and the only woman that no matter how many times she'd been hurt, she's willing to forgive Santana because she knows she can't live without her.

Suddenly as she walks further, one store caught her attention. She stopped for a while battling whether she would continue to walk or go inside the store.

"Hi, Miss! Why don't you get in?" Quinn was startled as the voice of a woman snapped her out of her thoughts. She turns around and smiled.

"Hi, Umm... I'm not sure. The store just caught up my attention."

"Well, why don't you take a look of some of the new arrivals we have. I'm sure you stopped because you're thinking of buying for someone," the old woman says.

Quinn nodded "Hmm, yeah..."

"Come inside. You don't have to buy right away lady." The old woman says as she open the store door.

Quinn follows as the woman gets in.

"I'm Mrs. Hutchins , by the way, but you can call me by my first name, it's Debbie."

"I'm Quinn."

"Lovely name! Okay, so Quinn, are you looking for a ring, necklace, bracelets or some other type of jewelry?" The woman sweetly talks.

Quinn gave her a sweet smile. "I'm actually looking for a ring," she says.

The woman quirked an eyebrow giving her a very interesting smile "A friendship ring?"

Quinn shook her head and chuckled.

"Oh you're looking for a wedding ring? Where's the lucky guy?" The woman says as she scans the table of rings finding a perfect set for the blonde.

Quinn nervously laughed this time. "Oh, no, no... I'm planning to propose to my -"

The woman laughed lovingly. "Oh dear... Is he too slow to propose? You're too beautiful for him to make you wait," she says before she winks at Quinn.

Quinn clears her throat. "Umm, he's a she actually. I'm going to propose to my almost-a-year girlfriend," she says nervously smiling.

"Oh, I see, pardon me. Why do I always assume things?" Quinn noticed how the woman became awkward.

"I'm sorry, I didn't clear things up in the first place. Well, umm, if this is awkward for you, it's fine. I think I'll just go-"

"Oh, no. Please stay. I just thought I saw you somewhere, that's why I'm studying your face," the woman chuckled. "Now, how about we start finding your woman's ring, shall we?" She says.

Quinn beamed and excitedly nodded.

The old woman showed different kind of rings with different variety of stones but Quinn was still quite hesitant until one of them caught her eyes.

"I think I like this one. Can you tell me about this ring?" She says smiling as she pointed to a silver ring.

"You have great eyes," the woman gave a very interesting smile. "This ring has nature-inspired design. Do you see the leaf motif details?"