CHAPTER 23: BACK IN LIMA

Quinn loves to spend her afternoon visiting the Lima Coffee Bean and have her favorite Dark Mocha Frappucino while reading books she picked from her mom's library. She spends two to three hours there and leaves before five in the afternoon, because her mom goes back from work after seven.

It has been three weeks since she last saw Santana. There were those times she seems to be reading her book but in the end of the paragraph, she realized she does not understand any word from it. Her eyes tries to read, but her mind can't stop thinking about Santana.

Her frappe was almost done when someone poked her from behind.

"So unusual to see you here."

Quinn turns around. "Mike!" she beamed and got up from her seat to give Mike a big hug. "How are you?"

"Oh, I'm fine. I'm actually here to see Tina," he says as he looks around.

"You two are together again?" She says as she show a slight smile.

Mike nodded and goofily smiled.

"Your smile is saying something." She raised an eyebrow and showed a smirk.

"Actually," he started to tell, leaning forward to Quinn "I'm planning to make this big proposal", he whispered.

Quinn squeals "Mike!"

"Ssshhhh!" Mike shushed. "It's a secret for now, Artie and Sam are helping me."

"That's great." Quinn winked "Oh please take a seat while you wait for Tina."

Mike took the seat facing Quinn so he can talk comfortably while having a good view of the café's entrance.

"Okay, tell me more about it." She excitedly asked.

"Well, I already have a great venue for that, ummm I just need something special that will make her say 'Yes' to me."

"There's no way Tina would say no." Quinn assured.

Mike laughed at her "Eeeerr, How certain are you!? I read this article on Facebook about a guy giving like hundred pieces of iphone to her girlfriend and still, he was rejected!"

Quinn playfully slapped Mike in the arm "You ass! It's because it looked like he was buying his girlfriend's Yes!"

"I was kidding Q!" He chuckles.

"I missed you Mike and I miss everyone."

Mike capped Quinn's hand "How are you, Quinn? I mean, I just heard what happened to your dad. I called Rachel and was about to tell her my plan of proposing to Tina, but then she told me what happened to you."

"That woman." Quinn chuckles and sighed "My mom is still grieving. Well, so am I. The situation is still complicated, there are a lot of things going on actually." Quinn let out a big sigh.

"Sorry for asking, I-I shouldn't have asked." Mike leaned back to his seat.

"No, it's fine." Quinn tried to smile.

"How are you and Santana by the way?" He asked with his best smile to change the topic but...

Quinn replied with a slight smile "Hmm, we are- " She felt a sudden ache. She let out a breath before answering Mike again, "Santana and I just broke up."

"Okay, I guess I'm in a very, very wrong timing." Mike let out a nervous laugh.

"Mike" she shook her head "I swear its fine, you didn't know what happened." Quinn says "I just... Just don't want to talk about it right now."

Mike rubbed her hands that were lying on top of the table. "But I hope you both can still fix these problems," he gave a slight smile, "Everything will be fine."