CHAPTER 22: HEARTBREAK, YOU GIVE ME A HEARTBREAK

7:00 am

It was a cold, silent morning in Bushwick and Kurt sleepily decided to make tea and pancakes for the three of them. It's been a week already after Santana came back and ever since that day, the latina never talked about anything.

Rachel, seated in the dining, taps her fingers at the top of the table while looking at the curtain that divides the kitchen and Santana's room.

Kurt noticed Rachel and nudged at the brunette. "Hey, what's up?" He asked as he handed the tea to Rachel and placed the plate of pancakes on the table.

She slightly smiled and shook her head, "Nothing." she whispered and mouthed thanks for the tea.

Kurt raised an eyebrow.

Rachel let out a breath she was holding. "Kurt, I need to talk to you about Santana."

"Hmm, What is it?" He asked as he sips his tea and sat in front of Rachel.

"Haven't you noticed? She always come home late, like everyday and every other day she smells cigarettes and alcohol."

Kurt nodded "Yes, I noticed," he says as he bit his lower lip. "Have you talked to Quinn?"

"No, have you?" Rachel asked back and Kurt nodded as a reply.

"How is she? It must have been the worst nightmare she ever had in her life."

"Yeah." Kurt nods "I almost lost hope when my dad had a heart attack and almost died."

"Santana haven't talk about Quinn." she noticed.

Kurt swallowed.

"You look like you're hiding something, Kurt" she interrogates and leaned forward "Spill it!"

"Q-Quinn" he shakes his head and got up. "Quinn broke up with Santana" he tells, heartbroken.

Rachel was surprised at the news.

"Wh-what happened?" She stutters.

"I don't have a clue either."

"W-well, we should do something." Rachel stands up and paces back and forth.

He sat down and looked up at Rachel "You know she will just snap at us if we try to," he says and ate a slice of his pancake.

"I can't look at Santana like everything is fine. I can't pretend and believe that she's okay. She's a mess Kurt, we are her friends, we should help her." She says trying to volume down her voice so Santana won't hear her.

"Okay, we will talk to her, but first we have to make sure that she is in a good mood. I can still feel the snixx aura in this apartment." Kurt says with mouthful of pancakes.

Rachel walks ahead to Santana's room.

"Rachel! What are you doing?" Kurt calling her attention in a hush.

"I will just take a look at her if she's still breathing, okay?"

"What the hell?" He choked and drank his water.

Rachel peaked inside, when she noticed something is wrong, she opened the curtain wider.

"Kurt, she's not in here!" She says in her signature dramatic way.

"What?" He asked in a frown.

Kurt was about to walk towards Santana's room when they heard a loud knock.

"Santana?" Rachel asked aloud as she walks to the door to open it.

A muffled voice speaks. "No, it's Amy! Umm, but yeah, Santana's with me."