Chapter 36: To Wield the Unwieldy

Chapter 36: To Wield the Unwieldly

Stadium...

Two warriors stood on center stage gazing into to each others eyes. With their own goals yet to be accomplished, nothing would stand in their way and they had every intention to fight to the death.

Naruto, with a tight grip on Heaven's Blade, was watching Aisu closely. The man that stood before him managed to kill Ryuho who skills surpassed his own. He couldn't take this man lightly at all. Every move had to be well calculated. His bunshins wouldn't work. Hiraishin wouldn't work either unfortunately; this he knew all to well. Kouen had exploited that flaw and he knew that any first rate shinobi would as well.

Naruto moved from his spot at blinding speed appearing in front of Aisu. Swinging his blade, Aisu vanished from his spot and Naruto connected with air. Twirling the sword in his left hand, he raised the blade above his head to stop the ebony colored 'Dragon Fang' from behind and above. The force of the strike broke the ground beneath his feet.

Turning his head to Aisu, a grin was present on Naruto's face. One was also present on Aisu's as well. In an instant, both warriors vanished from the site of all who watched appearing high in the air. Their blades clashed, and then they vanished once again. The ground was the next place that they appeared; again, their swords met once again before vanishing from sight.

Naruto appeared on the stadium wall. Resting on one knee with the ever present white glow, he wondered where the Raikage disappeared to. He got his answer when he heard roaring and saw a visible dragon in the form of sound waves flying directly at him.

In the Stands...

Yumi hands rested closely against her heart praying for Naruto's safety. Hayami was also watching Naruto intently hoping for the same thing.

Konohamaru watched as the attack was on course to hitting Naruto. Hanabi was the first to say something, "If he gets hit, he is done for."

Hinata, who was kneeling down next to Shinji and Tsunade, who were being healed by Sakura, said with confidence, "Just watch Naruto-kun. You will see how his training has paid off."

Rin seconded that, "Watch the boy closely, you will see the strength of 'Heaven's Blade'" Everyone watched curiously.

Stadium...

Naruto waited as the attack got close enough. When it did, he stood up slowly and swung his sword in a downward slash. White chakra in the form of a 'Crescent Moon', which happens to be the name of the attack, destroyed the dragon and continued toward the surprised Aisu.

Before the crescent moon shaped chakra hit the ground, Aisu vanished from view. The attack cut into the ground with a force that caused the ground to break up and rubble to fly everywhere. There was now a hole forming in a straight line that marked the ground.

In the stands...

Everyone one was in awe. Hinata who was looking at Naruto said to the group, "Naruto-kun trained really hard during his time at Naiya-sensei's place. That attack looked much more powerful than what I saw six months ago."

"Naruto trained night and day when he was with me, to the point of passing out. The reason we were late is because he was training and needed extra time to recover. But yes, he did train really hard. The funny thing is... this is only just a small portion of what he can do." Rin informed the group.

Yokoana smirked, "Irony is funny thing."

Kurenai glanced at the young princess and asked, "How so?"

"The same kid who saved this village eighteen years ago is fighting to save it again. A power like this only comes along once in the blue and for the Leaf to give it up due to personal vendettas was just simply stupid, for lack of a better term." Yokoana answered.