Chapter 10: Summit in Mist: Mist Village (Part I)

It was early morning, 6 o'clock to be exact, and it was the departure day for the Hokage and her party along with the Kazekage and his party. The meeting would be held tomorrow in the Mist village. Tsunade, still in her pajamas, was looking outside the window in her bedroom, in her 2 story house near the Hokage monument. A memento of her grandfather, passed down to her parents, and now to her. She watched the village from her window. She could see Lee and Gai doing their daily laps around the village. She laughed to herself; those two didn't come any weirder.

The Hokage was thinking about the information that Kakashi gave her yesterday. She couldn't stop thinking that there was a possibility that her son, Senzairu, was still alive. On top of trying to get Naruto to stay in the village, the nagging council, this upcoming meeting in Mist, and possibly the return of her son, Tsunade was getting a little stressed. She walked away from the window to go and prepare for the day ahead.

After 20 minutes of preparation, which included showering and getting dressed, Tsunade walked into the kitchen to see Shizune making breakfast, "Hello Tsunade-sama, I thought you would be hungry so I took the liberty of making you something to eat."

Tsunade pulled out a chair and sat, "This looks good Shizune, but you didn't have to go through the trouble of fixing me anything you know."

Shizune brought Tsunade her plate then took a seat right next to hers, "It's the least I can do; after all, you have been working really hard lately."

Tsunade swallowed her food before speaking, "Yes, I really have been working hard but that's not why you made me this breakfast. Shizune, I'm not upset ok. You don't have to try and cheer me up ok."

Shizune met Tsunade's eyes, "I'm sorry Tsunade-sama. However, you can't deny with all of the recent events that you don't deserve something nice."

"I guess you're right. Anyway, thanks for breakfast. I must be heading to the tower; I also have to do a few things before I leave. Also, have Naruto come to my office immediately. I need to talk to him." Tsunade ordered the younger girl.

"Yes Tsunade-sama, I will do that." Shizune went to clean the dishes.

Hokage Office 10 mins...

Tsunade entered her office to see Jiraiya sitting on the couch. "I haven't seen you for a couple of days, where have you been?" Tsunade asked while walking to her desk to take a seat.

Jiraiya watched her as she sat, "I actually went to Sea Country to see Ryuho. I'm back now and I think it's time we tell Naruto."

"You sure you want to tell him now? I don't know if it's a good idea Jiraiya. I mean, he deserves to know but at the same time the timing isn't right. Besides I called him here to inform him that he and his guest will be staying with me for the remainder of his stay." Tsunade informed her former teammate.

"You gave up on convincing him to rejoin the village?" Jiraiya asked.

"No, I haven't given up but let's face it; you and I both know that Naruto staying in this village is a long shot. After we reveal his lineage to him he's going to hate this village even more. I don't blame him if he does either." Tsunade stated in a voice tinged with anger thinking about the villagers' treatment of Naruto.

Jiraiya spoke, "I see you noticed the dirty looks that Mai and Yumi have received."

Tsunade gave a slight nod, "Even though I have tons of paper work, it doesn't mean that I'm blind. Yes I have seen the looks that some villagers and even some of my own ninjas have given them. I figure that someone will try something while Naruto is away. They won't try anything while Mai and Yumi are at the Hokage's house. I will also have one of the Shinobi that doesn't hate Naruto for being the Kyuubi container to protect Yumi and Mai."