Chapter 5: S-Class mission

Chapter 5: S-Class Mission

On top of the Hokage monument, sat a lone young man who was looking off into the night sky. Sitting on the head of the Fourth Hokage, Naruto sat deep in thought. Naruto thought about Yumi, and what he said to her. Realizing what he said to her, he sighed. He also was aware of the fact that the council and everyone else in the village were going to hate him for what he did to their "precious" Sasuke-kun. No matter what he did for Konoha, he would always be seen as the demon. His thoughts also flashed back to his dream to become Hokage, or rather his former dream.

He clenched his dirt smudged fist. Everything he ever tried to work for, Sasuke seemed to get without trying. He hated to admit to himself but he was jealous of Sasuke. His thoughts drifted to when he first met Konohamaru. He remembered what he told the boy all those years ago. He remembered looking at Sandaime's grandson in the eyes and saying, "There are no short-cuts..." Oh how true that was.

For all the strength that he possesses he had to work hard obtain it. Sasuke had the Sharingan and could copy everything. He himself on the other hand, trained his body to the brink. Maybe that's why Kakashi trained Sasuke instead, he didn't really have to teach, Naruto wondered.

"I knew you would be up here." The perverted hermit spoke breaking his concentration. Naruto looked up to see his sensei giving him a warm smile.

"What do you want Ero-Sennin?" The blond questioned. He was now looking at his sensei with a look that gave off no emotion.

"To see how you were doing." Jiraiya answered. Jiraiya may not have been able to see the emotion on Naruto's face, but he knew that if he was on the monument then he was sad. This was one of the few places that Naruto went when he was sad. Jiraiya knew this after watching Naruto a few times.

"Naruto you can't lie to me. I know you're probably a bit angry but what you said to Sakura and Kakashi was wrong."

Naruto's eyes showed fury. He thought he was coming up here to talk to him about anything, but never did he think it was about his treatment to those two. If he had said Yumi, then he would not have gotten angry, but to say those two and expect him not to feel what he felt was absurd to him.

"Just when I thought you were here to talk to me about Yumi or something else you bring up Kakashi and Haruno. Every time I speak how I feel it's a problem, but others can speak to me anyway they feel and get away with it. Tough luck, if I hurt anyone's feelings, I don't give a crap." Naruto spat out in anger filled tone.

Jiraiya spoke, "So you don't care if you hurt Yumi?" Naruto's anger died down immediately. Naruto knew he was wrong for yelling at her but he was just mad.

Jiraiya just gave sigh, "Look Naruto, I'm not here to tell you to apologize to anyone, that decision is solely on you. But I will say this; grow-up Naruto."

Naruto's eyes widened at what his teacher said, and then they narrowed just as quickly as the widened. "Grow-up? I grew-up as soon as the woman I saw as the only mother I ever had kicked me out of the village. I grew-up when the girl I gave my all to please, saw me as nothing more than an annoyance. I grew-up when my friend shoved a Chidori through my chest. I grew-up when my sensei refused to train me to train another student. I grew-up when the day my dream was killed. I grew when I finally realized that no matter what I did for this village they would always see as nothing more than the demon that destroyed their families. Now you stand here and tell me to grow-up? I've grown-up, so don't stand there and say something like that to me!"

Jiraiya's eyes never broke contact with his student. "Naruto, you have grown-up into a strong, brave, and decent human being. I never doubted that you have grown-up, but you haven't grown-up enough to put the past behind you."