Chapter 12: Training and Preparation

5 am destination unknown...

Hyuuga Hinata was sleeping in the bed and the room provide to her by Naiya. The young lady was comfortable; the expression was shown on her face during sleep. All of this was about to change.

Naiya dumped a bucket of ice water on Hinata; this jolted her out of her sleep. Hinata sat up looking around with a vacant expression. She looked up to see Naiya standing at the foot of the bed with her arms folded and an aggravated facial expression.

"I thought I said five every morning. Get dress and meet me in the third room on the right of this floor. We will start with basic sealing techniques."

"Yes, Naiya-sensei"

Naiya walked off with a smile on her face, "Naiya-sensei? That has really nice ring to it; A really nice ring to it."

A couple of minutes passed. Hinata walked into a nicely painted yellow room with a wooden floor. Hinata was looking around the room, which had cases of shelves on all of the room walls. All of the shelves were filled with neatly stacked scrolls. Hinata continue to study the room until Naiya walked back in with floor mats for both her and Hinata. The Hyuuga girl also noticed that the woman was dressed differently from when she saw her about five minutes ago.

Naiya hair was now in a pony-tail with two long bangs on the side. She now had on a purple halter top with purple spandex to match. She didn't have on the sandals most ninjas wore; she had on black shoes (Kung Fu rubber toe) with white ankle warmers that were more fashionable then Gai's.

Naiya placed the mats on the floor. She positioned them so that she and Hinata would be facing each other. She motioned for Hinata to sit down while she went to one of the shelves and grabbed a bunch of scrolls. The seal mistress placed the seals on the side of her and Hinata. She then took a seat on the mat.

"Ok Hinata, I will start of by asking, what is the purpose of seals?" Naiya asked.

"Well, according to what we learned from the academy and the little information I read about seals... I would have to say that they can be use to seal stuff in other objects; they can also be used as a form of control." Hinata said as if she wasn't sure that the two answers she gave were correct.

Naiya raised index finger and responded, "That is correct, but seals are used for other things as well. Seals can be used to contain other seals. Seals can also be used to grant power. A perfect example would be the curse seal mark. The curse seal mark gives power to the user, but it also destroys the body if used for too long. This is the reason why it is a kinjutsu, the curse seal that is. Hinata, have you ever heard of the Yondaime's famous technique?"

Hinata looked down searching for something her father once said, she looked back up to meet Naiya's eyes "Yes, it was call the Hirashin if I'm not mistaken. My father told me it made him so fast that he was a force to be reckoned with. I don't know too much about it though."

"Well, he used seals to teleport himself from location to location. He created the technique himself which is quite a feat. Anyway, the technique works like a summoning. The marker, whether it is a sticker or a kunai, the person can summon themselves to the location of the marker. Do you understand what I'm saying, Hinata." Naiya asked the girl in front her.

Hinata nodded, "Yes, I understand completely Naiya-sensei. If you don't mind me asking, what are we going to do today?"

Naiya placed her hands on her knees, "Well I want you to get a basic understanding of seals and the possibilities of their use. We will work on basic sealing. Do you know how to seal weapons in scrolls Hinata?"