Chapter 33: Standing tall

Chapter 33: Standing Tall

Outside of the Village...

Gaara was standing in a large grass field with his arms folded. Judging by the scene, it was obvious that he and the bald Rock Jinchuuriki were fighting for about 15 minutes. The landscape was slightly changed, due to Gaara's sand and the Rock shinobi's Doton jutsus. The Rock shinobi addressed the Kazekage with a blank stare, "Gaara of the Desert, I hear you are strong. I really don't wish to fight you; however I will do what lord Tsuchikage requests of me. If that means defeating you, then so be it."

Gaara responded, "It sounds like you're nothing but a weapon for that man. Nothing but a tool."

"I am. I was created to live only for my village. I am the Blade of the Rock which is guided by the Tsuchikage." The bald shinobi said.

Gaara shook his head, "You are a fool Awasedo. Shinobi are not just tools."

"Yes we are. You are one of the biggest tools for your village, are you not? Being a Jinchuuriki you know the purpose and the reasons we were created. We were created to destroy for our villages, nothing more. Your village made you Kazekage simply because of your strength. Suna wields the weapon which is you and the Cloud wields that which is Kouen. All of us, tools. Without being useful we are nothing. Tsuchikage-sama has made me useful, I am needed. Why do I exist I used to ask... he gave me that answer. To fight for him."