Chapter 30: I Declare War (Chuunin Exams: Part III)

Konoha, 10 AM...

Senzairu was standing outside in front of his place with his squad. Akuru was standing in between the boys in civilian clothing. She had her headband on, but her white shirt and blue shorts were her street clothes. Makeinu and Ranpu on the other hand had on newer version of the outfits that Senzairu gave them for the exam. The boys looked ready. Senzairu looked at the two, he was proud of all of them. But he had other things to worry about then their matches. He had to worry about the war. But first he would be a spectator until it all started.

"Come on guys, I think we should head to the stadium now. Everyone is heading there already. Your weights are off, right?" The nod that he got from both boys confirmed that they were. Good, they wouldn't have a chance to remove them in the heat of battle. Taking the lead, the group followed him as he headed toward the stadium.

Yumi was looking out the window watching them. Konohamaru and his group of friends were ordered by Tsunade to get them to the Hokage Monument Mountains. Not now, but when the invasion started. The Hokage's reason was that if she gave special treatment to them; in regards of evacuation procedures, then she would have to give it the other civilians. That couldn't be done because Aisu would know, so she had to act like everything was normal. Konohamaru didn't care, he told Naruto he would watch over them and now that he was given his chance, he would do just that.

The Sarutobi placed his hand on Yumi's shoulder, "Come let's get going. We shouldn't be late to the arena." Yumi didn't think it was a good idea to go, well not for her sake anyway. She was worried about Hayami more so than anyone else.

Tsunade explained the reason to her so she had a better understanding. They would sit near an easy exit point; that was the plan. Yumi was ready, "Let's go. Where is Hayami?"

"She's down stairs with Moegi, Udon, and Hanabi. They're waiting." Konohamaru and Yumi exited the room. When they got downstairs, everyone was waiting for them. Yumi took notice of Hayami first. She noticed that the girl had the katana that Sasuke had given her wrapped on a string, on her left side, between the bottom of her white long sleeve shirt and the top of her blue sweats. Being that she was so short; the sheath was touching the ground next to her blue sandals.

Yumi pointed at the sword, "Are you really going to bring that, Hayami?"

"Yes. I feel safe with it. It reminds me of the one dad had." The girl tapped the handle of the sword.

Yumi understood. If it made her feel better than she had no problem with it. "Well, I guess we should be going." The group exited the place and headed towards the stadium.

Stadium, 10:40 AM...

Shikamaru; who was in his standard Jounin uniform, was surveying the stadium. He was looking around to spot people that looked suspicious in his eyes. He turned back to the Hokage's observation deck. Everyone was there except the Raikage, he figured as much. He expected the guy to arrive just on time. It didn't matter, he was getting bored already. He didn't expect this exam to be this big. Even the Queen of Snow Country was here. Nobles from all over, from what he could see were in attendance. This exam was shaping up to be more troublesome by the minute. The stadium was slowly filling up and he could see the guards that were stationed throughout. He spotted Kakashi, Gai, Asuma, Kurenai, Yamato, Senzairu and Anko in the arena. He spotted other Chuunin and Jounin throughout the stadium. He even saw ANBU throughout the stadium.

He wondered where Temari was. He figured she was stationed somewhere outside of the stadium. He was certain that if the Cages' could have had personal guards in the observation deck, she and Kankuro would most certainly be there. He knew Kankuro was probably close by; he always stuck close to Gaara. He couldn't worry about that, he had to play his part and ref this thing. He turned back to the Genin lined up behind him. He didn't say a word; he would wait until it was five minutes till the start of the exams to do so. They let all of their enemies penetrate this far, he wondered how things would turn out for the Leaf, he even wondered if it was a good idea to do so. No time for regrets.