Chapter 21: Leaders Unite

Konoha, 2 weeks later...

It was early in the morning, 6 am to be exact, and the Hokage was up and ready to start the day. Today was the day that she would be meeting with the officials of Rice Country along with the other Kages and feudal lords. Tsunade's house seemed to have gotten quite crowded during the last two weeks. With Yumi, Shinji, Hayami, Temari, and Mai all taking up residence in her house, it was livelier than ever before. Everyone was sitting at the kitchen table waiting for the food that Shizune was preparing. Yumi offered to help, but Shizune wouldn't hear of it. When the food was done, Shizune doled out the plates to everyone. While eating, there were conversations here and there; nothing too serious or of importance. Senzairu and Shinji were talking while Tsunade and Mai were talking. Yumi, Shizune, and Temari were talking, which left Hayami on the outside looking in.

Yumi, the observant one, took notice. Watching the girl play with her food was an obvious sign that she felt left out, like she didn't belong. Yumi could understand that, partially anyway. Her father was killed when she was younger, and at the time he was the only source of income. Yumi and her mother had to adjust and move around a lot before settling in Sun Country. She hoped the girl wouldn't have to go through what she went through.

In attempt to make Hayami feel comfortable, Yumi asked "Hey Hayami, so you want to go to the park today?"

The girl who was playing with her food looked up at Yumi, "Sure nee-chan." Hayami returned to poking the food with her chopsticks. Yumi knew that look in Hayami eyes. It was clear that the girl was thinking about her parents. Well, at least the girl was stronger than her. Every time she thought about her father she would cry. "Well I guess when you actually see your father killed in front of you, it's understandable," She thought. Her train of thought was broken when she heard Tsunade speak to Temari. "Your brother has informed me that he will meet up with me in Rice Country later today."

"He'll probably take Baki-sensei and Kankuro with him." "I'm almost certain that he will be traveling with the Daiymo and his royal ninja guard. Our Black Ops might even be there. I'm sure Konoha's famed ANBU will be there, as well as the 12 Guard Ninjas of Fire for the Daimyo. Looks like there will be a lot of special guards and Black Op special forces from each village present." Temari couldn't help but wonder.

"Mother, would you reconsider?" Senzairu's voice cut through the air causing Temari to break away from her thoughts.

"My mind is made up. You are to stay in the village. You know more than anyone that I will be fine. Besides, I will have the best of the best with me." She didn't say that to ease his mind; no she knew his motives. He wanted to see Aisu, and that could possibly lead to a conflict, something she didn't want. This was a simple meeting. Her life wouldn't be in danger; she was traveling with the famed Kakashi, Orochimaru's first apprentice Mitarashi Anko, and her clever strategist Nara Shikamaru. Asuma would be there as well, but his duty would be to protect the Daimyo first and the Hokage second. If that wasn't enough, Neji and Yuugao's ANBU sqaud would also be there. Tsunade was no fool, she knew that an attempt could be made on her life or the village could be attacked, which is why she would take two ANBU squads, and her three personal guards as back up.

Senzairu hated the fact that he could not go, but he did have obligations to his team: he needed to get them ready for the Chuunin exam. Senzairu stood up and picked up his plate, "Well, I have to go. I wish you would reconsider mother. I'm sure my squad would love the day off. But, I already know your answer, so I'm leaving. I will see you when you get back tonight."

Senzairu walked off leaving the group behind. Tsunade also had to get going. She would meet with The Daimyo, twelve Guard Ninjas of Fire, and her three man squad at the the gates. The ANBU would be there; just lurking in the shadows unseen. They were to set off in another hour. Tsunade slowly rose, "I should be going as well. I will see you all this evening." The Hokage walked up to Hayami, "What do you want me to bring you back? I'm sure I can bring you back a doll or something."