XXXIX

~The next day~
Zayn
"Beautiful, purse your lips a bit." The photographer said to me.

I did as she asked, just wanting to get this shoot over with.

From almost nine this morning until now, I'd been changing clothes and posing.

It was lunch time, and I was worried about Thomas and Joseph.

I left them with Louis, and I trusted him, but he was terribly hungover when I dropped them off this morning.

He claimed he had something important to tell me, but didn't want to ruin my day so he decided to tell me when I came to get the boys after work.

"Look that way." The photographer commanded.

I obeyed, my eyes landing on the exit.

"Alright, that works." She said eventually.

"Am I done for today?" I asked Jerome, walking over to him.

"Yep, you did great. Don't forget on Saturday night you've got another fashion show to do." He said.

"I'll send you a reminder." Jerome added casually.

"I thought those were optional." I said, knowing there was no way Thomas or Joseph could sit through, let alone come to a fashion show.

And I knew Harry would want to be there, so Louis would have to watch the boys again.

"They are if you're ugly, but that's not your situation sweetheart." He smiled.

"I have two children." I said, hoping that'd make some kind of difference.

"I suppose you don't have to attend the after party." He said, glancing me over with disappointment.

"But you do have to do the show, yeah?"

"Okay, can I go change now?" I asked.

"Yeah, have a good afternoon." He waved.

"You too." I sighed, walking away.

I went into the dressing room and changed, neatly packing the outfits I modeled today into a bag.

I adjusted that bag on my shoulder after I checked my reflection, and made my way out to my car.

As I put the bag in the back seat, I heard someone approaching.

"Hey doll."

I looked toward the sky, taking a deep breath before I turned and looked at him, closing my car door.

"Leave me alone, Liam." I said, reaching to open the front car door.

"Will you just listen to me? Things will go a lot easier for you if you do." He said, grabbing my arm.

"Let go of me." I said coldly, jerking away.

"I don't care what you have to say."

He licked his lips.

"What I did to you was out of anger, and it was foolish. I'm sorry, Zayn." He said, looking into my eyes.

"Okay, lovely, are we done now?" I asked.

"You don't believe me." He said.

"Maybe because you're a pathetic liar?" I spat.

Liam suddenly stepped closer to me, staring into my eyes.

"I know you haven't forgotten. I know you liked the time we had together in New York just like I did. I miss that, Zayn. I barely got a chance before you ran back to Harry. He's only going to hurt you again, then where will you be?" Liam asked.