XXXV

~A few weeks later~
Harry
"We did it." I huffed, my hands on my hips as we looked around our newly assembled nursery.

The main colour in the room was a calming baby blue, along with darker blues, and whites.

Zayn and I decided that we both wanted a baby boy, and we were incredibly excited about all of this.

We couldn't wait until the adoption process was finished, and we finally had our baby.

Which, from what we understood, would be tomorrow.

However, there was only one issue.

Days ago, Zayn made the mistake of telling Louis that we were going to adopt a baby.

Louis insisted that he be a part of everything, and came with us when we went shopping for the baby.

As we walked through the store, Louis told us everything that we would need, and explained how to properly use all that we bought.

He helped us move Zayn's art supplies, helped us put the crib together, paint the walls, and arrange the other furniture.

Everything.

"Would it have killed you to open a window?" Louis asked, wiping his forehead.

"Well, I suppose if you did you wouldn't have an excuse to take your shirt off." He added, giving me a look.

"I didn't mind that." Zayn smiled shyly, standing near the changing table.

I smiled at him.

"I wasn't sure if I was allowed to open the window. I didn't want to touch the precious curtains you insisted we buy." I said, looking back at Louis.

"Do you want the harsh morning sun blinding your little bundle of joy?" Louis asked.

"The crib isn't even near the window!" I scoffed.

"The earth moves, Harry. Therefore the light will move." Louis said.

I bit my lip, feeling a bit stressed.

"But, it looks perfect. We did a good job lads." He added, looking around.

"Now all we need is a baby." He smiled.

We?

"I think all we need is alcohol." I sighed, rubbing my forehead.

"Oh, that's another thing, you might want to get child safety locks, depending on how old he is." Louis said.

"Lou, I think we'll be okay." Zayn chuckled quietly.

"I'm sure the two of you will, I'm just concerned about that baby." Louis laughed.

"We're not idiots, we can care for a baby." I reminded him.

"The woman I spoke to last week said that tomorrow she'll take us to meet the baby and all." Zayn said to Louis, glancing at me.

"And you'll get to bring him home tomorrow?" Louis asked.

"We're not sure." I said.

Louis sighed quietly. "Hope you do. I'm excited to meet the little guy."

"So are we." I said.

"D'you know how old he is?" Louis asked.

"Around nine or ten months old, I think. That's what we were told." I told him.

The entire adoption process confused me greatly, so I chose not to think too long or hard about it.

"Well, call me after you've got him here and settled." Louis smiled.