XXXVII

Zayn
"I came to apologize, and I brought a bonsai tree." Liam smiled, handing me the pot with the small tree planted in it.

"I don't want your apology." I said coldly, but quietly.

If Harry knew Liam was here, I knew he'd jump on him.

"But you want my tree." He smiled in a cocky way.

"I really don't." I said, pushing it back into his arms.

"Liam I'll never forgive you for what you did. If I even cared anymore, I might spend a little time yelling at you about it. But my children are sleeping, and you need to leave. I don't care anymore, I don't want you in my life anymore, you're nothing to me." I said, my heart pounding with adrenaline.

"You have children now?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

"I do. Now goodbye." I said, starting to close the door.

He stopped it with his foot, staring at me.

"Liam, I'll call the police." I threatened.

"And I'll buy them. Police threats don't phase me, Zayn." He said.

"What do you want?" I hissed at him.

"You, I always have." He shrugged. "But currently, I want your forgiveness. I figured I'd work my way up to getting you, and give you an illusion of choice." He smirked.

I frowned at him, wondering if he was drunk.

"Liam, I don't want anything to do with you anymore. You yourself said I wasn't working for you anymore. This is finished." I said.

I then kicked his foot out of the way, slammed the door closed, and quickly locked every lock on it.

I knew the back door was locked, just like all the windows.

With a sigh, I walked off into the bedroom where Harry lay there naked, stretched out across the bed smiling at me.

"Who was at the door?" He asked as I walked over and got into bed beside him.

"Someone who had the wrong address." I mumbled, pulling him close and kissing him.

"Goodnight." I whispered after our lips parted, laying down and turning the lamp off.

I wasn't in the mood for sex anymore.

"I thought we agreed on a little intimate touching before bed." Harry said.

"Do cuddles count?" I asked, in the mood to be held and forget the world.

"They're not very sexy, but I guess so." He said.

I smiled, moving up against him and resting my head on his shoulder.

"Love you." I said softly, hoping Liam wouldn't cause anymore problems.

"Love you too." Harry sighed, wrapping his arms around me.

And before long, I drifted off to sleep.

~The next morning~
"Zayn, Joey's crying and I've got to get ready for work." Harry said, nudging me until I woke up.

I took a moment to turn and glare at him before I sighed heavily, and made myself get out of bed.

As I shuffled down the hallway to the nursery, I put on a happy face, and tried to wake up a little more.

"Is it that terrible, babe?" I asked Joseph, rubbing my eyes as I walked over to his crib.

His chubby cheeks were red and wet with tears, and his hair looked wild from sleep.

He reached for me, and I gladly lifted him into my arms.