XXV

~Later~
Harry
"Liam's using him." I told Louis as we stood in the lift after work.

All day, I kept quiet about how I felt. I didn't say how angry I was that Liam decided Zayn was a model now, and Zayn just went along with it, as if Liam was a good person and could be trusted.

"How?" Louis asked.

"Somehow. It's like he's putting Zayn out there for show and he's getting paid by people who like what they see. I don't like it. Zayn's mine, he's not Liam's model to be used whenever." I spat.

"I don't want some person taking pictures of him. What if he's got to model something...I don't know, inappropriate?" I scoffed.

"Wouldn't you like that?" Louis asked flatly.

"No, not if all of London, or even the world is seeing him in...little to no clothing. He's mine they shouldn't see him that way." I explained.

"He's also a man. Capable of making his own decisions and knowing where to draw the line." Louis said.

"Plus, he isn't property, Harry. I'd like to believe you're bothered by this because...oh, I don't know, maybe you're worried your boyfriend isn't safe, or is being used." He continued, giving me a look.

"I am worried about that!" I protested.

"You're not. This is about dominance, ownership, and ego." Louis said, still giving me that look, his arms folded now.

"Yeah?" I asked, stepping close and facing him after we stepped out of the lift.

"Yeah." He scoffed at me, not backing down.

"You smell like sex." I commented, watching his cheeks burn like I'd soaked them in gasoline and tossed a match.

"W-What?" He asked, trying to act as if he had no idea what I was talking about.

"When did you have sex?" I asked casually, walking toward the front doors.

"I didn't, Harry. I've been working all day like I should've." He lied.

"It was that pizza boy, wasn't it?" I smirked back at him.

"I told you he was giving me extra pizza coupons." Louis snapped.

"He was giving you something." I chuckled.

"Harry why'd you change the subject? My point was, Zayn isn't a child he can handle himself. He's also not your property, he's a human being." Louis said.

"Mhmm." I hummed, ignoring him and walking to my car.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I waved as I got in.

"Harry, honestly. Don't be a prick, remember what I said." Louis called after me.

I wasn't being a prick, I was just concerned about my boyfriend.

He needed to be able to see who Liam really was, and realise that it'd be best to avoid him.

After I left work, I drove over to Zayn's flat to see him.

He greeted me with a smile, and I smiled back at him, noticing that he still had a bit of make-up on his face from whatever Liam had him do.

I sighed, licking my thumb and trying to wipe it off.

"What're you doing?" He asked, pulling away.

"Hold still." I scolded, stepping with him and rubbing until it was gone.

"Why have you done that?" He chuckled, blinking as I kissed his nose.

"You still had make-up on your face." I said, looking into his eyes.