XXIV

~The next day~
Zayn
"Why d'you look so nervous, Zayn? I brought you here to talk." Liam smiled at me from where he sat on the other side of his desk.

"We haven't talked in ages." I pointed out.

"I know, I blame myself honestly. Although, it was clear to see you didn't have time to come all the way here to do some silly painting of me." Liam smiled.

"What d'you mean?" I frowned.

"Those love bites on your neck." He said sharply, getting to his feet.

I looked up at him, sliding back in my chair, blushing and discreetly trying to hide my neck with my jumper.

Saying goodbye to Harry this morning lasted a little longer than I intended.

He wouldn't let me go.

Plus, Louis was upset with me because I told him we could spend time together today, but here I was in Wolverhampton.

"You've obviously been too busy with your lover." He added quietly, now looking down at his desk.

"Which, I understand. Love is love. However, you work for me. If I ask you to do something, no matter what, you'll do it. Isn't that right?" Liam asked.

"W-Well....I don't want to disappoint you but-"

"I don't want you to disappoint me either. Just you being here pleases me. But I should tell you, things are going to change." He said.

"How?" I asked.

"I probably won't be asking for anymore paintings. I only kept four, and they're hanging in various parts of the estate. The rest of them, I sold." Liam said.

Before I could speak, he continued.

"There are....other things I'd like you to do now. I'll still pay you, though. You don't have to worry about your parents. I actually spoke with your mum the other day." He smiled.

"Why, what did she say?" I asked quickly.

Liam chuckled at me. "She was only asking about your job, Zayn. She claimed she called you several times, and you didn't answer. So she called me."

I bit my lip, just then realising I never called my mum back. I told myself I would every time, but I never did.

Harry had distracted me.

"Oh." I mumbled. "So...what is it you want me to do now?"

"I want you to model. I've got loads of mates who own clothing lines and things like that."

"I want to act as your agent, as well. You'll still be getting paid, but I'll manage who you do and don't model for, and all of that rubbish." Liam smiled.

"What d'you think?" He asked.

"Um...that sounds okay." I nodded, barely able to understand any of this.

"Lovely. We'll stop for some headshots before we go out for a nice lunch, yeah?" Liam chirped.

"Okay." I said again, making myself get up and follow him out of his office.

"What're headshots?" I asked, having to jog a little to keep up with him.

"Oh, like, pictures that I can show to people who need a male model for something. I've actually already got someone who's interested, I've just got to show him your headshots after we get them made." Liam said, going down the stairs.

"He's trying to advertise a new fragrance, and I think you'd be the perfect model for it." He said.

"Do I get a free sample?" I joked.