XIV

~The next morning~
Louis
"A bit of ice falls from the sky and all of a sudden everyone wants this crappy coffee." I complained because of how little was left.

Still, I managed to pour myself a cup.

I glanced toward the door as I stirred in my sugar, seeing Harry walking in.

He looked like he'd won the lottery.

Smiling constantly, curls back in a perfect bun.

"I'm assuming you're over that terrible sickness?" I asked, watching him slouch down into a chair and sigh with a grin.

"Yeah, I just needed a little Zayn."

"Oh?" I asked, screaming internally after I burnt my mouth trying to drink the toxic coffee.

I raised my eyebrows, walking over and sitting across from him.

"And how did he cure your sickness?"

"It was a physical procedure." Harry smirked.

"You had sex?" I asked quietly, leaning forward a little.

"Not exactly, no. But it was incredible." Harry smiled.

"Ah." I said, sitting back and sipping my coffee.

"I miss him, Louis. I just saw him yesterday, all day yesterday...and I miss him already." Harry admitted, making eye contact.

"Call him and tell him how in love with him you are." I suggested. "But wait until I'm gone to my desk, first." I added, lifting my coffee cup.

"I didn't say anything about love, Louis. That's silly. I just wish he was here." Harry scoffed.

"Right, of course." I smiled knowingly, wondering how long it would take Harry to admit that he was in love with Zayn.

"What're we doing for lunch today? I dunno if I can go out, I've probably got to catch up." Harry said after a silence.

"I'll just call for pizza. If we can't finish it, I'll leave it in the fridge here. It'll be gone before today's over with." I muttered.

"Alright. I'm going to get started, I'll see you at lunch time." Harry sighed, getting up.

"Mhmm." I hummed, watching him walk out.

As I continued to drink my coffee, I suddenly realised that I hadn't spoken to Zayn in ages.

Perhaps I'd give him a call soon.

~Later~
Harry
After hours of typing, I sighed with relief at the sight of an email from Louis, claiming that the pizza had arrived, and was in the break room.

I gladly left my desk, going to the men's toilets to wash my hands.

Once I finished drying them, I looked up and saw Niall coming in.

He smiled after we made eye contact. "Hi."

"Hi." I echoed, chuckling.

"What happened to you last night?" He asked, walking up to me.

"What d'you mean?" I asked, sliding my hands into my pockets to warm them.

"I called you, and you didn't answer. I was actually delivering a pizza in your building and I figured I'd stop by but....you weren't there." He said quietly, watching me with an odd look in his eyes.

"Oh, actually I was...." I trailed off, looking at my feet and suddenly finding myself not knowing what to say.

Part of me didn't want to tell Niall I had a boyfriend. I didn't understand why.