XXXIII

~Later~
Zayn
"I don't know what to do." I said to Louis, looking down into the cup of tea he sat in front of me.

"What do you want to do?" He asked, sitting across from me at his kitchen table.

"Honestly?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said.

"I want to go back to him and apologise. I don't want to sleep without him tonight. I want to believe him, and be there to support him." I said.

"But?" Louis asked.

"But....that doesn't feel right, somehow. We had sex after he woke up aroused from dreaming about someone else. That...really bothers me." I admitted.

"And....I still don't know whether to believe him or not. I believed him last time when he apologised and it brought me here."

"I understand where you're coming from. But, this time it's different. Don't you think?" He asked.

"I believe he's serious." Louis said.

"Yeah?"

"Absolutely. I would be a little irritated too about the dream, but I think he's telling the truth about changing. I mean, he actually told you about the dream, first of all. Plus, I know he loves you Zayn. There's no doubt about that." Louis said.

"You came here to think, what about?" He asked, frowning a little.

"What to do. Whether I should believe him and go back to him or....."

"Or what?" Louis asked.

I bit my lip, looking down at my tea. "Nothing." I mumbled, unable to say it.

"You're not talking about breaking up with him, are you?"

"No." I lied quietly.

"Then what else would you do?" Louis frowned.

"Run a marathon." I said, looking at him.

His frowned deepened, and he opened his mouth to speak but knocking at his front door stopped him.

He got up and went to answer the door, and I sipped my tea.

Louis always put way too much sugar into the tea without asking.

It made me feel like a hummingbird drinking sugar water.

I heard Louis talking to someone, looking up when he came back into the kitchen with a blonde bloke.

"Zayn, this is Niall, he's just brought me a bit of pizza and came to chat." Louis explained, setting the pizza box on the table.

"Okay, I should probably go anyway." I said, seeing how late it was.

Hopefully Harry was still awake, and we could talk things out.

"Alright." Louis answered me.

"Wait, you're Zayn?" Niall asked, looking at me.

I paused in the doorway, looking back at him.

"Do I know you?" I asked.

"No, but I've heard of you." He said, glancing over me.

"How?" I asked, wondering what else Jerome put out into the world without my permission.

"Your boyfriend....mentioned you a few times while we were-"

"Playing chess." Louis finished for him, staring at him.

"Right? You intelligent bastard, you love chess." He smiled at him.