XXVIII

~A few days later~
Zayn
"These look incredible, Zayn." Jerome said, looking over the pictures from today's photo shoot.

"I believe I should receive some credit too, but I never do so that's fine." The photographer muttered as he took down his camera.

"You've just got that front cover look." Jerome continued.

"Um, thanks." I said quietly, adjusting the jacket I was told to wear.

"In fact...." He trailed off, clicking through the photos.

"I know a bloke who works for a little men's fashion magazine, maybe I could show him some of these, get you out there." He said.

"Maybe." I said, not sure if I wanted to be in a magazine. Or on the cover.

"Oh, also, another thing that'll help build your career and get you noticed and known, is attending fashion shows. There's one on Friday night, would you like to be one of the male models for Gucci?" Jerome asked.

"Y-You mean like walk down the runway and all of that?" I asked, just the thought making me nervous.

"Yeah, plus there's going to be an afterparty, you'll come to that too, yeah?" He asked, looking at me.

I glanced at how thick his beard was, before focusing on our topic.

"Um, I guess. Are you sure I'm ready to be in a show? I thought I'd just be modeling new clothes and things like that." I said.

"Of course you're ready! Hell, I say you're ready to be the face of Gucci. However, you've got to work your way up, and this is how you start. I'll call you tomorrow with the time and address, yeah?" He asked, packing up his laptop and things.

"Okay." I said unsurely.

I liked modeling for a camera, not a crowd of critics.

"Also, take care of yourself. Stay healthy, we want to avoid any blemishes, bruises, cuts, and things like that. Okay?" Jerome smiled, sounding like a pediatrician.

"Yeah." I nodded, remembering how the marks Harry left on me caused a few issues before.

"Good. Thanks Zayn, I'll call you." He said as he left.

"Bye." I said after him, my head spinning a little.

I went and got changed back into my clothes, neatly folding what I modeled today and carrying it out to my car.

On the drive home, Harry called.

I knew he'd gotten home before me, and was probably worried.

"Hey babe, m'on my way." I said as I answered the phone.

"I know." He said softly. "Have you ever called me babe? I don't remember."

"This may be the first time." I smiled.

"I like it." He said.

"Okay." I chuckled.

"I really missed you today. I couldn't stop thinking about you, me, and our bed." Harry said.

"I missed you too." I said, wanting to be in his arms instead of stuck in traffic.

"I think there's been a wreck." I said, noticing how many cars were stopped in front of me.

"So you'll be a while?" Harry asked sadly.

"Probably." I sighed.

"But I'm laying here ready for you." He said.