XXXI

~Later~
Harry
"Zayn?" I called, entering the flat and closing the door behind me.

As I turned back around, Zayn walked up out of nowhere, sliding his arms around me and resting his head against my chest.

I paused, feeling how tightly he hugged me. Slowly, I wrapped my arms around him, frowning a bit.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

He didn't answer, and we simply stood there in silence for a while.

"Did something happen?" I asked, remembering his parents were supposed to have visited today.

"How'd it go today?"

Zayn sighed, letting me go. "I told them everything."

"What did they say?" I asked, holding his hands.

"My mum wants to meet you. She's okay with...us and everything." He said with a small smile.

"Really?" I smiled, feeling relieved.

"Yeah. But...my dad didn't take it that well. My mum said she'd talk to him but...I just....." He trailed off, swallowing.

"Ashton came by today." He said, looking at me.

"Oh, hate I missed him." I said quietly.

"He said I kissed him the night I was drugged. He kissed me back and apparently things got heated." Zayn said, not looking at me anymore.

I let go of his hands, staring at him. "Did you two have sex?"

"N-No, just kissed. That's what he told me, I don't remember it." Zayn said tiredly.

I smirked. "Bet if it was me you would've remembered."

Zayn stared at me. "Harry I was drugged." He said.

"What is it?" I asked, wondering why he was giving me such a mean look.

He sighed, turning and walking away from me. I watched, noticing that he was walking toward the bedroom.

"What d'you want me to say?" I asked, following him.

"I don't know, okay?" He snapped, going into our bedroom.

I stopped in the doorway.

"What's the matter with you? You're acting...strange." I said.

"It's been a stressful day. My father said m'not his son anymore, and I kissed someone else and you barely care!" He snapped.

"Your father said what?" I asked quietly, approaching him.

"He said m'not his son. And you don't care that I kissed Ashton." Zayn repeated.

"I'm so sorry, babe. I didn't know." I said, looking at him.

"And...I care. I guess." I shrugged. "I mean I'm not angry."

"So I could just kiss him again?" Zayn asked skeptically.

I shrugged. "Only if I can watch." I said, slowly smiling.

Zayn glared at me.

"Can you quit with your sexual thoughts for two fucking seconds?" He spat.

Zayn sighed again, shaking his head.

"If you kissed someone else it would break me." He said quietly. "Cos I love you. I don't think of you as my property, and want to fight others off. I think of you as my companion. My equal."