Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

“Ryder! Psst, Ryder wake up!”

My head shot up, connecting with someone else's.

“Ow!” I hissed, rubbing my throbbing forehead. I look up and notice Mason, leaning on my bed, grimacing just like me.

“What is it?” I ask, peeling the sheets off me.

“It's time to wake up.” He says, shrugging. His blond hair was spiked up, like the usual, and he had nothing on but Xbox boxers.

I quickly shielded my eyes. “Oh god! Put some clothes on, will ya!”

He chuckled and removed my hands from my eyes.

“Where's Macy?” I ask, noticing the empty bed.

“On the floor,” he says, gesturing at the hard-wood ground.

I peek over the edge and notice a sprawled out Macy. She pulled some sheets off the bed with her. So that's why I was cold last night...

Sighing, I got off the bed on the opposite side and said, “Don't step on her, Mason.”

“I already did! But she still didn't wake up!” he said, shaking his head in disbelief.

I chuckled and ruffled his hair. “I hope you go bald,” I teased.

“I hope they cancel Oprah.” he said, completing our inside joke.

I tackled him with a hug, wrapping my legs around his waist and nuzzling his neck. “I love you Mason,” I whispered.

I feel him vibrate as he chuckles. “I love you too, Ryder.”

He puts me down and with a salute, retreats from the bedroom.

“Hey, want some gum?” Macy asked me, her mouth stuffed with five pieces of Juicy Fruit.

“Sure,” I laughed, taking one and popping it into my mouth.

We strolled up to Macy's locker, my orange converse scoffing the floor. I fiddled with them hem of my navy blue tank top as Macy got her books out.

We walked to homeroom together, and we just so happened to be a couple minutes early.

I took my usual seat and Macy occupied the one next to me.

Jace strolled in, a notebook in his hand. He shot me a cocky grin and a wink before handing a piece of paper to Mr. Grey, who was reading a novel at his neat desk.

The bell rang then, and Jace took a seat behind me.

Mr. Gray stood up and rambled on about how 'When I was a boy...' and stuff like that.

However, while he was in middle of his 'hilarious story', a dizzy spell hit me.

I gripped the edge of my desk to keep from falling over. I pinched the bridge of my nose slightly while blinking rapidly, thinking it was just a trick of the mind.

“What's wrong?” whispered Macy.

I didn't answer because I was too busy on focusing on our teacher and how he's spinning around in circles repeatedly, very fast too.

Grey dots blurred my vision slightly, and I felt very off balanced, even on the chair.

Macy gripped my shoulder, keeping me from falling over. “Mr. Gray? May I take Ryder to the nurse?” she asked urgently.

“Yes, yes of course.” he says quickly. Macy helped me up, wrapping her arm around my waist.

Jace came up on my other side, supporting me also.