"No I'm not done! What didn't you say something to that bitch after she yelled at Adanna?" I questioned he stood against the car speechless. "Answer me asshole!"

"Don't you ever yell at me! Do you hear me!" He hovered over me. My body became stiff and lifeless. "Answer me!" He grabbed a handful of my hair and brought my face to his.

"Yes I hear you." He let go of my hair and pushed me backwards.

"One I did say something to that bitch! Nobody says anything to my baby and gets away with it. Two dammit! If you would've let me speak, instead of opening your goddamn mouth. You would know!" His chest pushed up and down.

He turned to get in the car. I stood there with nothing to say. "Get your ass in the car Akilah."

Flashback Over

He yelled those same words into my ear. I instantly went limp. Angelo stared into my eyes. His blue ones were now black. "Answer me baby girl!" He went for my hair and I swung. My palm landed on his left cheek. A traced of red was left from the impact. I stepped out of my heels and rubbed my feet on my legs. Wiping off the sweat so I won't slide.

"This was suppose to be a smooth ride Akilah. You always fuck it up! He swung. I screamed then ducked and slid past him to the other side of the floor.

"I always fuck it up? Your the crazy motherfucker not me! You always want to fight me Angelo. Why?!" I questioned. He paced the floor.

"I don't want to fight you Akilah. I really don't." He stopped in his tracks.

"Then why are you swinging at me then? You've always been like this Angelo."

"Do not tell that lie! I have not always been like this. I was calm and caring at one point, but you fucked it up!" He yelled his voice getting deeper. "I was nice to your ass."

"If you were so nice at one point why did you change? Please Angelo, tell me why you changed. I remember the nice Angelo. I do. The one that used to sneak through my window at night just so he could cuddle with me. The Angelo that used to play in my hair when I was upset." I looked at the floor.

"You used to make me feel like it was me and you against the world. But what happened to that. Maybe we moved too fast. I was 16 and you were 17. Maybe it was too much for teenagers." A cold tear ran down my cheek. "Why did you change Angelo?"

He stood on the other side with his hands in his pockets. He licked his lower lip and began to speak. "I changed, I changed because I thought you were changing. You didn't notice it but you were slowly changing. You would leave at least once a week without telling me-"

"So I couldn't just sit in the house 24/7." I threw my hands up.

"Don't play dumb with me Akilah. I knew exactly where you were going." He shook his head. "I knew where you were. And it wasn't just that we never sat down and talked. I know I sound like a punk ass bitch, but that how it was. I wanted to hear how it was at school, or if somebody pissed you off at work. That just gave me a reason to listen to your voice." Angelo looked down and smiled.

"I loved your thick accent. I even loved how you would forget where you were at and started speaking Igbo. Akilah that was sexy to me pure sexiness." He started playing with his chin hairs. "Then you started avoiding me. You didn't want to talk to me. I knew you didn't."

"So I went out and started doing that same goddamn thing you were doing. And do want to know how I found out? Huh do you?" He questioned. Angelo smacked the table.

I stood there speechless. Melanie always tried to tell me. "Akilah he knows where your going." But did I listen? No, hell no because I didn't want to believe it.

"The dude you were fucking with called the goddamn house! He called the house Akilah!" Angelo yelled at the top of his lungs. He took a couple of steps.

"How smart was that?"

"You fucking cheated to Angelo! Don't try to make it seem like I started this shit!" I pointed to myself.

"I started that shit because you did! Revenge is best served cold and that's how I served it. Cold." Angelo's deep voice turned deeper.

"Why didn't you just confront me about it? Instead of ruining my life." I questioned. He licked his lip again and shook his head. He paces back towards the bar. Angelo leaned up against it.

"YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE IT AKILAH!" He smacked the bar. The sound echoed through the hollow club. Then it was silent.

Angelo's head was facing towards the floor. It seemed like he didn't want to talk anymore. I fucked up. But I can't take it back. Do I want to? Maybe a little. I know I fucked up! But two wrongs don't make a right. But I, Akilah Adannaya King fucked up. "I'm sorry Angelo. I'm sorry for putting you through this bullshit! Sorry for making you feel like this was all your fault."

I gazed down at the floor. I didnt know I was putting Angelo in that position. Even though we fought and swung at each other he still had a heart for me. Feeling lost and confused during those times makes you plan shit on the opposite. And that's exactly what I was doing. I was blaming Angelo for my mistakes, and he was seen as the bad guy. I put a curl behind my ear and looked up at Angelo.

His hands were slid into his pocket and leaned up against the bar. "Come on I have a surprise for you." Angelo held out his hand for me to grab.

"Just because I apologized to you doesn't mean I trust you." I folded my arms on my chest. He shook his head and sighed.

"Akilah please. Come with me I'm not going to do anything." His face went stale. I groaned and leaned on my feet.

"Fine." I placed my hand in his. We began to walk out of the building. "Wait a second." I let go of his hand and pulled my phone out of my dress. I quickly texted Melanie.

"What was that for?" He questioned.

"I had to text my boyfriend and tell him I would be home late." I lied. He stared at me for a quick second before nodding his head.

"Alright." He grabbed a hold of my hand again. Which I wasn't to fond of. We began to walk out the building. A shot of misty air struck us.

"Where are we going Angelo?" We stepped off the sidewalk.

"You'll see baby girl, you'll see."
__________