A Curvy Mate

"I love the idea of embracing your curves and loving yourself while expressing it through fashion."  -Hayley Hasselhoff

"I'm sorry, but I can't have you working here anymore. You're fired."

Fired? Did I hear him right? Fired?!

"Sir, can I ask why you are....firing me?" I asked.

"Hon, take a good look at you. You are an overweight woman in a model agency! We can't have you here when you look like....that."

That hurt. I'm getting fired because of the way I look. I understand, you know. It is kind of dumb for me to- oh who am I kidding, this is not my fault!

"Sir, please. I need the money," I begged.

"Not unless you do something about that stomach. But right now, leave because you know that that is going to stay with you for a while," he said.

I sighed and looked at my desk. Last time I'll see it.

"Sir-"

"Now, Vanessa, I don't want security to escort you out," he warned.

I narrowed my eyes at him and turned to my desk. I grabbed all my personal belongings and tried to fit them all in my purse.

"Here,'' my boss said, giving me a box.

I took it from him and put all my things in it.

"Also one more thing,'' he said. He pulled out a check and signed his name on it. "Your last paycheck."

I sighed and he put it in the box. I grabbed my purse and left that place.

I went to my friend's coffee house down the street. She smiled as she saw me and held up a mug of coffee.

"You're here early," she commented.

I sighed. "I got fired.''

She spit out her own coffee and wiped her mouth. "Can you repeat that?"

"You heard me. I got fired."

"Wait why? You're such a good employee."

"Well, take a look at me." I saw her look at my body.

"What about it?" she asked.

"I'm fat! Don't you see? I work in a model agency and I'm a bad example."

"Vanessa, don't say that. You're beautiful!"

"Kelsey, you're just saying that because you're my friend," I said, taking a sip of my coffee.

I heard her sigh and she held my hand. "Nessa, look at me."

I looked up at her to see her smiling. "Don't put yourself down. Now, I want you to sit here and think about what you just said. I'll be back." And she left.

I sat there for a good half hour just sulking and sipping my coffee.

"Excuse me," I heard from beside me.

I looked up to see a man with shoulder length hair and wait- no shirt on! Oh God he was gorgeous! I think he caught me staring.

"Hello," I said. Gosh, I'm such a loser.

"Hey, um, is anyone sitting with you?" he asked.

I shook my head and he sat down. I saw that in his hand was a white t-shirt. But why didn't he have it on?

"Do I make you uncomfortable?" he asked, about to put on his shirt.

"No! Um, I'm just wondering-"

"Why I don't have my shirt on?'' he finished for me.  I nodded.

"Well, it is blazing hot outside and the only way to cool down was to take off my shirt."

"Then, why-"

"Am I sitting with you?" It was as if he read my mind.  I nodded again.

"Well, you are a very beautiful woman and I thought that someone like you shouldn't sit alone."

Whoa. Was this dude for real?

"I-I don't even know your name," I stuttered.

He chuckled. Oh gosh, that sounded hot. "Mitchell. And you?"

"V-Vanessa."

"Ah. A beautiful name for a beautiful woman."

I blushed. I never got compliments this great in my life.

***

When I saw her blush, my wolf went crazy. He just wanted to mate her right here right now. I inwardly calmed him down and told him that I'd mate her later.

"What do you do for a living?"

She looked down at the her feet...in shame?

"Well, I used to work for a modeling agency. I got fired today.."

Fired? Why would my sweetheart get fired?

"Why did you get fired, sweets?" I asked her, gently. I didn't want her to be mad or start crying.

"I-I....they.... I'm fat," she bluntly said.

I stood up and grabbed her arm and pulled her from her seat. She seemed scared as she looked me right in the eye. Her scent was magnificent. I just wanted to bury my nose in her neck. I leaned my head in closer to do just that when a female's voice tore us apart.

"Vanessa! Who is this?!" a female who obviously knew Vanessa asked.

"Kelsey! This is Mitchell. I-I...We just met," Vanessa said, getting out of my grip.

The woman, Kelsey narrowed her eyes at me. I gave her a smile which oddly made her smile too. Ha, guess the charm is working.

"As long as you don't hurt Vanessa, then I like you," was all she said before she left us.

I looked down at Vanessa and saw her staring at her feet. I lifted her chin with my finger. She looked up at me.

"You are beautiful.." I whispered, finally burying my nose in her neck.

She shivered at the contact, but she let me. I heard her sigh and I felt her relax. I kissed her neck and she whimpered. My wolf wanted to claim her so badly. I forced him back.

"What are you doing to me?" she asked, breathlessly.

I chuckled and pulled away. She had a glassy look in her eye. God, I should take her home.

"Would you like to have dinner with me tonight?" I asked her.

"Say yes!" we heard from a distance. It was her friend Kelsey. I laughed while Vanessa blushed.

"I would love to," she whispered.

"Great. Where can I pick you up?"

"Um, how about I meet you there?"

"No. I will pick you up."

She blushed again and bit her lip.

"Okay." she gave me her address and I pocketed it.

"I'll see you later," I said, kissing her cheek.

Before I left, I saw her blush and her friend Kelsey teasing her.

Can't wait for this dinner date.

____________________________________________________________________________

I hope you enjoyed it! Tell me what you think!

<3 Lesley

~All Rights Reserved~