FLASHBACK

***This flashback happened 6 months before Macarena met Jamie.***

It's summer in NY and it could get really humid, I just finished furnishing my new apartment, it's little but I love it. There's nothing here that will remind me of Cauã, my heart still hurts when I think of him, the cheating bastard!

My agent had invited me to his birthday party, I don't feel like going, the only thing I really feel like is laying in bed and watching chick flicks until my heart is all cried out, but if I don't go Rob will feel really disappointed, besides, he's told me there will be some casting agents at the party and it would be good for me to make some connections for the good of my acting career, I'm done with Acting School so I should get some work in that field soon.

I'm out of the shower and I'm trying to tame my hair, this humidity doesn't work with it, I am applying some coconut oil to help the fluffy hair, this trick I learned in Brazil, it works wonders!

An hour later, I am in a cab on my way to Rob's apartment. I really want this night to be over so I can go back to sleep. It's been awhile since I've gone out so I had to buy a new outfit. I went for the classic black dress but this one is tiny, showing my long legs and I put my favorite strapped black sandals with a heal that is perfect for dancing and walking without hurting my toes.

The apartment building was beautiful, and the party was on the top floor, I made my way to the elevators and while waiting for one of them I overheard this cute guy's conversation on his phone.

"Jamie! My man! How YOU DOin'???"

Was he trying to impersonate Joey from Friends?? Well, it wasn't working, Joey didn't have an English accent!

"Arghh Hannah it's been a pain lately, I came by myself, I am not sure about our relationship anymore"

Typical Men!!! They can't have a little trouble in paradise, instead of staying around to work it out with their partners, they run for the hills!!!

The elevator doors opened and I stepped in, he gestured me to go ahead without him but when he saw me his jaw dropped and as he tried to get in, the doors closed, that made me giggle. Tough luck stud!

I got into the party and was greeted by a tipsy Rob.

"Macarena!!! You could make it!!! Hey! Look at me! I want you to have fun, understand???"

"Thank you Rob! Here, I brought you a bottle of Pisco, this is a Peruvian grape distillate. Enjoy it!!!"

"Thank you darling!!! You shouldn't have! This will go to my collection. Please have fun! Forget about that lousy ex boyfriend of yours!!"

Ouch! That hurt! A reminder of Cauã, great!!! Where are the drinks??? I excused myself with Rob and as I was walking away I heard him greeting excitedly.

"Redmayne!!!!!"

I walked around and a waiter offered me some champagne, Moët! My very favorite!!! I grabbed the whole bottle and made my way upstairs where I knew there was a terrace.

I was enjoying the view, New York is a stunning city. My favorite city. I heard footsteps and turned to find the elevator guy, he smiled at me, he is handsome indeed!

"May I join you?"

"Look, I'm sure you're very nice and all but I came here to be by myself, I'm not a good company right now"

Bug off!

"Well, I'm gladly going to be on my way as soon as I could get some champagne, you see, you took the entire bottle and left nothing left"