Happy New Year My Love

Christmas at Jenny's was like spending Christmas at Santa's house. She really loves this holiday so she has outdone herself for yet another year. The twins are a bundle of joy. I loved playing with them and their new toys. Marc was there too. Jenny had divorced him already when I met her but they are such good friends that I've become fond of him. Eloise was having a blast! She and Jenny got along so well that they both gave me some time by myself without having them worry about me.

I was looking at pictures of my family's holiday on my phone when Marc came next to me.

"Ok Maca, spill the beans, who got you this sad? I'll take care of him"

"It's nothing Marc! I'm just a bit stressed over the movie"

"I know how hard it can be, but one thing is being stressed out and another is being heart broken. Habla conmigo! Speak up!"

"It's my co-star Jamie"

And I opened my heart and told him everything in details. I think I had too much punch. The funny thing was that after all my crying in the last few days it felt like I didn't have any more tears or I didn't have a reason to cry anymore.

"Wow! That's messed up Maca"

"Tell me about it!"

"But if you want to know a man's point of view, I think he is head over heels for you. He just doesn't know how to deal with you not wanting him at the moment. That's why he did the stupid girlfriend move"

"I don't know Marc! I just know that if I hurt him, he hurt me even more. Heartache level speaking, I don't know which is worst Jamie's or Cauã's"

"Speaking of the devil, I saw him in town"

"Seriously? What is he doing in L.A? How do you know him?"

"I don't know what he's doing in here. I don't know him in person. I just know the name and a friend in common greeted him then told me the name."

Oh Lord! Just what I needed!!! Cauã here while I'm heartbroken because of Jamie, he'd love that. Jenny's voice brought me back.

"Maqui? Why are you biting your lip?"

"I just told her Cauã is in town"

"Why? How?"

Jenny was as confused as I.

"I don't care. L.A is big enough for the both of us"

I lied. I can't encounter Cauã being this vulnerable. I might go back to him. I need to return to Vancouver. I need to think this over! I excused myself and went to my room thinking of a way to justify my early return. When I checked my email and saw one from Sam.

Maca, I know you're in L.A for Christmas but I am throwing a New Year's Eve party for all the Cast and Crew and I would love to have you and Eloise in the party.
Hoping to see you guys!
Sam

Perfect!! My perfect alibi! I snuggled in bed and slept restlessly.

When I woke up the kids were occupied playing with their toys, Eloise was hung over and Jenny was concentrated in making breakfast. Eloise looked at me gave me a weak smile and asked

"Did you get Sam's email?"

"Yeah, I did. And I think we should go"

"Go where??"

Jenny asked with a plate full of pancakes.

"Vancouver, Sam is throwing a New Year's party and I think I should go, otherwise people will think that I didn't go because of Jamie and his Girlfriend"