Let Me Take Care of You

ALERT: ADULT CONTENT

He was sitting out my door with his phone in hand. When he saw me, he stood up and waited awkwardly until I reached him.

"Maca, we need to....."

I ran to open my door and as I reached the living room, I threw up inside a garbage can. Jamie came after me and held my hair back, stroking my back gently.

"Leave Jamie!!!"

I yelled between sobs, I hate vomiting! I hate that he's seeing me like this. I hate to love him.

"Maca, it's fine, I've been through this many times. I can take care of you. Let me take care of you".

I walk speechless to my room, got into the bathroom and slammed the door closed. I started brushing my teeth and could hear him swearing behind the door and walking away. Suddenly, I heard the front door closing. He left. I stared at my reflection on the mirror and saw a defeated woman. Why am I putting myself through this??? After all I've been through, why would I fall for yet another wrong guy. But he's not wrong, he's more than right, just not available.

I peeled off my dress and got in the shower. I tried to wash away this pain I'm feeling. Once I was done I opened the door and walked into my room and put on some sweat pants and a top. Then a loud noise startled me.

"For f*cks sake!!!"

"Jamie? Are you ok?"

I walked in the kitchen and found the tea pot on the floor and Jamie putting his hand under the cold water.

"Omg! Jamie! You burnt your hand!!"

"You don't miss much, do you?"

"Here, let me help you"

"It's fine doll, nothing to worry about"

I closed the tap and Jamie winced in pain.

"Awe baby you're really hurt, let me take care of you"

He smirked. I love when he looks at me straight in the eyes. Blue against blue.

"What??? I have some medicine for burns!"

"I ain't saying a word. You want to take care of me, I'm yours"

That statement made my legs fail me. Why does he say things like this?

"Jamie!!"

"What????!

"You can't say things like that to me!!"

"Why???"

He took a step forward and I took a step backwards. He took another step and I held my hands out to stop him.

"Don't do this, please!"

"Why love?"

"You're taken"

"I'm not. I'm having a baby but I'm not taken"

"You left me!!! We could have worked it out together"

"I know! Didn't you listen to the voicemail I left you??"

"Oh sh*t! My phone!!"

I grabbed it from the desk where I left it charging and turned it on.

"I lost my charger. Just got this new one".

I gave him an apologetic smile and he just took my face in his hands.