The Audition

*** Picture of the lovely Macarena Santana***

Universal Studios wasn't too far from my hotel so in order to kill my nerves I decided to walk there. As I made my way to my "future" I got myself a Mocha Latte from my favorite coffee place and walked slowly, taking in this big city.

I tried very hard not to think about the interview or the lines I had memorized. I've read the book already so the lines were easy to learn. I've been working with an accent coach for this interview so hopefully my accent won't be noticed by the producers. Although English has been my second language ever since I was six years old, my parents sent me to a bilingual school.

I got to the Studio and there were around five actresses waiting to be interviewed. They all fit the profile, brown middle length hair, blue eyes. I was starting to feel nervous. I took a look at my phone and checked on my Facebook page. My sister had posted a new picture of my nephews playing soccer. That brought a smile on my face.

"Macarena Santana?"

A woman asked and when I raised my hand she motioned me to follow her. As I stood up, I smooth my dress and noticed that two of the girls were gone.

The meeting room had a big round table where four people were sitting studying me. I shook each of their hands and to my surprise E.L.James herself was among the interviewers.

"How do you do, Macarena? I've been waiting for your audition. I hope you get the role"

I smile at her and nod frantically.

"Me too"

Then my eyes met Dana's, one of the producers, and by his look I knew I was loosing my cool. I tried to recompose myself and Sam, the director spoke softly.

"Ok Macarena, whenever you are ready"

I smiled and braced myself to read my lines.

The audition was a part of the interview and Michael, the forth producer was going to read the lines with me.

He started reading and I followed the lead, after the second sentence I was feeling as if I was Anastasia and thanks to the Almighty, I didn't mess up with my lines.

After reading I saw them exchanging some glances and Erika turned to talk to me.

"So Macarena, I know you are from Peru, still your accent is almost imperceptible, I like you"

"She still needs to work with a coach"

Sam started talking to Erika and then all of them were having a conversation as though I weren't there.

Erika kept defending me and saying how I could work on anything they had to say against me.

I didn't know what to do. If I should stay in the room or leave them to discuss my future and let Erika handle it.

She was very kind and also very understanding, she was the one person who thought I was Anastasia since she saw my picture which made it pretty easy. I got the role. My first movie and it was going to be a major one!!!!

I couldn't believe my luck!

I always thought I was a regular looking girl. Brunette with natural highlights, blue eyes, skinny and rather tall; not a Gisele for sure.

The only request I had was to work on my accent since Anastasia is American not Latin but the guy who is supposed to be Mr. Grey is Irish so he would have to work on his accent as well. That relaxed me a little.

Now I'm curious about this Irish guy. I hope we have the chemistry needed for this movie.